Boxy Charm 3 Month View
What are your weekend plans?
Tomorrow is my bridal shower! I don’t know where it is but I knew the date since I wanted to do a hair trial in the morning before the party but anyways I’m so excited! Also, on Tuesday we FINALLY close on our house so I am overwhelmed with joy and also stress but it’s the good kind right?
Anyways, if you caught my3-month Ipsy post a while back you may be wondering why am I talking about Boxy Charm all of a sudden. Well, after I posted my Ipsy post, a lot of you messaged me and told me to try Boxy Charm so I did. Literally, the next month I signed up for a box and then I thought it would be cool to compare 3 months of Ipsy vs 3 Months of Boxy Charm so here we are.
Before you go,
comment below and tell me if you are currently a Boxy Charm subscriber?
Do you like monthly subscription boxes? Do you prefer Ipsy?
Boxy Charm 3 Month View:
Again, if you caught my Ipsy post, you will know Ipsy and I were longtime friends. While I don’t have anything bad to say about Ipsy, to say I wasn’t interested in another full-size subscription box would have been a lie. So I decided to sign up and see what all the hype was about…
The Boxy Charm Subscription Pros:
- The products are all full size. If you are comparing this to Ipsy then you will know that Ipsy does not give all full-size products in each bag. Often they give ‘deluxe’ sizes which are usually a custom size for the subscription.
- Like Ipsy, the products are customized to you and your personal preferences.
- They have a wide range of products which include [but aren’t limited to]: full-size palettes, full-size makeup brushes, beauty tools, lashes, skincare, and pretty much every beauty product you can think of.
- The work with high-end brands as well as indie brands but each box gets at least one full-size high-end product each month.
- The work with a lot of brands that I have wanted to try but never purchased from
- They always have discounts and exclusive sales.
May Boxy Charm Box: ‘Boxy Bash’
- PUR Sculptor Palette: A four-shade sculpting palette that features two highlighters and two matte contour shades.
- CoverFX Blurring Primer: A soft focus primer that blurs the appearance of pores, fine lines, and other imperfections.
- Pretty Vulgar Ink Gel Eyeliner: Highly-pigmented gel eyeliner with quick-drying application
- Aesthetica 3 Piece Eye Trio: 1 Angled Eyeliner Brush, 1 Brow Spoolie, and 1 Fine Tipped Eyeliner Brush.
- Aesthetics P12 Face Brush: 1 Face Brush
- Beauty Creations Liquid Lip Gloss: A matte liquid lip gloss
June Boxy Charm Box: ‘Caribbean Queen’
- Alamar Reina Del Caribe: Palette with 8 highly opaque shadow shades
- Battington Monroe Silk Lashes: 1 set of 3-D multi-layered silk lashes
- Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream: Brazilian Bum Bum Cream rich in Guarana
- Luxie 3 Piece Flawless Complexion: 1 Foundation Face Brush, 1 Tapered Highlighting Face Brush, and 1 Duo Fiber Powder Brush
- Jonteblu Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil: 100% vegan, waterproof eyeliner pencil
- Ofra Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick: 1 long lasting liquid lipstick
July Boxy Charm Box: ‘RoadTrippin’
- Dr. Brandt No More Baggage: Eye de-puffing gel formulated to visibility reduce undereye bags and dark circles.
- Crown Brush Fuego Eyeshadow Collection: Palette made up of rich, warm-toned shades.
- Wander Beauty Unlashes Volume and Curl Mascara: Full-size mascara
- Note Cosmetics Luminous Silk Compact Blusher: 3-in-1 blush with built-in brush and mirror
- Chella Beauty Eyebrow Cream: Eyebrow cream that effortlessly defines and shapes your eyebrows
Well… I canceled my Ipsy subscription. I promise I was as shocked as you are but hear me out.
For me, after receiving the Boxy Charm subscription each month I realized I sort of outgrew the Ipsy products. While they have a wide range of products and brands, for my purposes [and yours] for about $11 extra bucks a month I truly enjoyed receiving 5 or 6 full-size products. I also liked that the products included were from a lot of brands that I have wanted to try over the years but never got around to and they were different brands than some of the ones Ipsy works with.
I also LOVE that they include actual, full-size palettes which is something Ipsy does not do. For me as a beauty guru and blogger that alone is worth the monthly price tag plus I get to share great new brands and products with you.
Ipsy is still dear to my heart and I still think their subscription is great. For a long time, I couldn’t imagine spending more than $10/month on a subscription service but now I have the means to do so. For me personally, I’ll be sticking with Boxy Charm. If you want to try Boxy Charm, if you use my code [Kara-XKFXJMFU] at the checkout it will let them know how you found out about Boxy Charm and it will help support this blog.
Here is your pin-able:
Have you tried Boxy Charm before? Have you tried any of these products?
Do you have any beauty recommendations?