My Ocean City Bachelorette + Ultimate Bride Checklist
Is it weird I am still recovering from my bachelorette party last weekend? The girls and I are also slightly depressed because we miss it so much. Today I’ve decided to share my Bachelorette Weekend experience. If you are looking for a fun destination with lots to do, Ocean City is perfect… for you!
[okay, corny I know]
Anyways, aside from the fact my Maid of Honor outdid herself, all of the girls got along really great and there was as little drama as possible for 10 girls living together for four days. There was so much to do and I overpacked so below is the breakdown if you are considering an Ocean City bachelorette weekend.
My Ocean City Experience:
First, depending on how far you live, the drive may or may not be a bit long. From New York, it took us about 5 hours each way which is why doing a Thursday to Sunday weekend was a must. It gave us time to settle in and wasn’t too much. If you are coming from somewhere that isn’t driving distance, you may have to fly into a local airport and still drive down but I promise it is worth it!
Second, let your MOH do her job! Normally, I am a control freak. I will admit it. Since I decided to leave everything in the hands of my Maid of Honor I was freaking out on the inside but also knew she wouldn’t disappoint. I was so happy I let go because everything was perfect and I was able to enjoy the surprise.
She got us all cute tanks, drinking glasses, and didn’t go overboard on the penis. She rented a local house so we didn’t have to worry about being too loud or a curfew and she could decorate it the way she wanted. It had plenty of sleeping room and the house happened to have three bathrooms which worked out great for 10 girls! It was also driving distance to the main nightlife area so we did Uber each night.
She arranged a personal booze cruise as well. We brought our own floats and Captain Danny and his sidekick Russ were great sports considering we were 10 crazy girls! [See pictures below].
Honestly, it was the best weekend I could have ever asked for. It took the girls and I an actual week to recover and we are still group texting daily about how much fun we had. If you are looking for a bachelorette weekend with lots of day and nighttime places to go and things to do then you need to experience Ocean City, Maryland.
I want to give a special thank you to the girls Ashley, Amanda, Amber, Brittany, Ciara, Danielle, Megan, Ryan, and Sara.
Thank you so much for one of the best weekends of my life! You all really know how to make a girl feel special!
For more pictures, check out the end of this post!
What to do in Ocean City:
- Seacrets: Literally referred to as ‘Disney for Adults’. It is a GIANT indoor/outdoor playground. They have different sections for different things. They have areas for a more chill vibe but they also have a ‘Nite club’. They have to-go food, sit down dinner areas and even tables/floats in the water. If you do anything in #OCMD, you need to make a stop here.
- Fagers Island: We got to this place a bit late but it is right around the corner from Seacrets. Its similar in the sense that it has different areas for different vibes. They have a cool outdoor sand bar or an indoor dance party. You can pick where you want to hang and the music was great.
- Guidos: For a Thursday night, this place can TURN UP! We had so much fun at this bar, the music was awesome, and the drinks were cheap! Everyone including the staff and guest were super friendly and fun.
- OCSwimCall: A personal booze cruise?! Yes please! They do have floats available on the boat however, they suggest bringing your own for adorable pictures. Also, the cruise is about 3 hours so make sure you bring enough to drink and eat. One of my favorite days!
- Boardwalk: Although my group didn’t actually make it down to the boardwalk, it is something we heard great things about. I’m not sure if it is more family friendly but my understanding is the beach is really nice!
- Mini Golf + Candy Kitchen: Another activity we didn’t pursue but there is literally mini golf places on every single corner along with Ocean City’s infamous Candy Kitchen.
Ultimate Bride Checklist:
On the list, you’ll see some vacation prep suggestions, bride must-haves for packing, and a list of my personal favorites that I bring on EVERY trip I take.
For Bridal Packing, I wish I brought a couple more casual options since Ocean City was a lot more casual than I expected. Thankfully my MOH bought cute tanks for everyone to wear so on the last day I was saved! I was tempted to buy my own sashes + bride swag but then I talked my inner control-freak down and trusted my MOH [and I’m glad I did!]. For accessories, I bought a lot of sale jewelry and clutches from Aerie and Charming Charlie. I brought 3 different types of glitzy sandals/flats and ended up wearing the same two pairs all weekend. I also noted waterproof bags or cases in case you are going near water or you may just be clumsy with your phone. I ended up using my waterproof fanny pack on the boat which was a lifesaver.
You can see all of my Amazon purchases here including the Kimono below!
For my personal favorites, here is why I bring each of these:
- Foldable Flats/Cinderollies: Do you ever want to get to the point where you can’t even walk anymore because your feet are killing you? No, you don’t. I have tried so many different kinds of foldable flats and the only ones that hold up are Cinderollies [which is why I specifically named them] plus they come in a small compact which is easy to store. You can bring them with you in your bag and if your feet are killing you but you aren’t ready to go home yet, then just simply pop out the flats!
- Vera Bradley Travel Cases: there are few things that Vera Bradley doesn’t do well. My favorite items from Vera though are the travel cases. Each product is created with such a thoughtful mentality. They have hidden compartments and the layouts are always just right. My favorite travel cases are my makeup and jewelry cases from Vera Bradley.
- Mini Blow Dryer: you just never know what you are going to get when you travel so I always bring my own hairdryer. EVA NYC sent me an adorable travel sized blow dryer that now comes everywhere with me but I know stores like Sallys also have mini versions of hot tools like dryers and straighteners.
- Kenra, Ouai, and Osis Dust It: The only hair products that never let me down. I always bring a bottle of different Kenra hairsprays, dry shampoo, thermal spray, and their perfect blowout cream. I bring my Ouai wave spray and Osis Dust it volumizer if I want to switch up my hair-do.
- My own mirror: I bought an Impressions Vanity mirror last year with a stand on sale for $20 and it changed the game. The lighting on it doesn’t really do anything for me but I love to set it up in my room so I have my own mirror no matter what or where I go.
- Native Deodorant: I always like to have a natural deodorant with me in case my skin decides to become sensitive again.
- Nivea Essentially Enriched Lotion and Neutrogena Body Oil: The Nivea lotion is great for my sensitive skin and comes in a travel size with a cap [awesome]. It makes my skin look super healthy with a perfect glow. The Neutrogena body oil is a newbie for me but I will bring it on every trip. I love to use this after I shower and before I dry off so my skin is always hydrated.
- Derma E Day and Night Creams: I wasn’t kidding when I said I always bring these creams with me. They are two creams I can depend on to keep my face super smooth day and night.
Here is your pin-able:
Want more? Learn how to throw your bestie the best bachelorette ever!
Want even more? How about our top bachelorette party locations?
Questions? Comment below!