Behind The Blog:
30 Rapid Fire Beauty Questions
Since it has been a while since I did a little Q+A and I have a bunch of new readers, I thought it was time for a little update and maybe a little rapid fire Q+A. Since this blog has a heavy focus on beauty, I decided that majority of these would be beauty related [and by majority I mean like 28 out of 30].
Before you go,
comment below and tell me one thing about yourself, what is your favorite series from my blog, or just answer some of the questions below!
30 Beauty Questions:
1. Current favorite beauty YouTube channel to binge? I have to admit I do love me some RawBeautyKristi. I will forever love Desi Perkins but lately, I have been binging on RBK. Her personality is refreshing and her sense of humor is very, very similar to mine so I feel like we would be friends IRL.
2. Current beauty favorites…go:
- Primer: Make Up For Ever Step 1
- Blush: Essence Satin Touch Blush
- Highlighter: Maybelline Master Chrome Highlighter
- Mascara: Milk Makeup Mascara
- Moisturizer: First Aid Beauty Hello FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Moisturizer
- Foundation: Maybelline Fit Me Dewy + Smooth
- Concealer: Colourpop Concealers
- Lipstick: Pixi Beauty MatteLast Liquid Lip
- Lipgloss: Colourpop Glosses
- Shadow Palette: Tartelette Toasted Palette
- Setting Powder: Maybelline Fit Me Loose Finishing Powder
- Bronzer: LA Girl Pro Face Bronzer
- Mask: Hey Honey Take It Off Mask
- Makeup Brush: Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer Brush
3. What is the one beauty product you can’t live without? Mascara or skincare products.
4. What is your current morning skincare routine? Face lotion or moisturizer. Currently favoring Paula’s Choice Moisture Gel or First Aid Beauty Coconut Water Cream and body lotion like Paula’s Choice or Nivea.
5. What is your current nighttime skincare routine? It varies but for the most part it is some form of a mask usually 3x a week like a sheet mask or First Aid Beauty’s Ginger and Turmeric mask [after removing my makeup]. Then I use a toner like Pixi’s Glow Tonic or Derma E’s Radiance Toner. After I use the toner I apply some Niacinamide Booser and under eye gel then I apply a facial cream or overnight mask like the Paula’s Choice recovery mask. About 3 times a week I will use a Retinol treatment.
6. What is your favorite brand collaboration that you have done? I have a lot but my favorite collaborations have been with Paula’s Choice. They are so wonderful and easy to work with. I also loved my collab with Jord.
7. What are you most excited about for 2018? So many exciting changes and events in 2018! First, my wedding in September [AH!], second is my new business, third is buying a house, there is just so much good happening!
8. Do you use a ring light or how do you take photos/selfies? Yes! I use Stellar Lighting Systems ring light and love it! Best purchase I ever made. I try to take my photos in natural lighting. It is the best but if I film or take photos at night I use a lighting kit.
9. Who are your blogging besties? I have a few awesome friends. These girls are so uplifting and supportive. They are also awesome and you should follow them.
- Melissa @ Primp and Prime Beauty
- Steff @ Brighter Darling
- Laura Yoder @ Style and Thing
- Kim Nuzzolo – Beauty YouTuber and Fashion Blogger
- Jessica Lam @ Diary of A Toronto Girl
- Wrayn Vasser @ Beauty and Style by Wrayn
- Natalie @ The Dental Beauty
- Samantha Boots
- Amy @ AmyLyn Beauty
10. This or That:
- Pizza or Ice Cream: Ice Cream
- Sephora or Ulta: Sephora
- Neutrals or Colors: Neutrals
- Dogs or Cats: Dogs
- Pencil or Liquid Eyeliner: Liquid
- Lipstick or Lipgloss: Lipstick
- Cake or Cookies: Cookies
- High-end or Drugstore: High-end
- Sedan or SUV: SUV
- Straight or Wavy Hair: Straight
- Blonde or Brunette: Currently Brunette
- Salty or Sweet: Sweet
- Bath or Shower: Shower
- Netflix or Hulu: Netflix
11. What was the first beauty product you ever owned? Clinique Foundation [which is still my holy grail!]
12. How did you learn about makeup? I started playing around in high school [nothing crazy – thank goodness] but we didn’t have YouTube back in the day. After college [when YouTube became popular] I started watching Carli Bybel and Jaclyn Hill beauty tutorials and watching how professionals applied makeup.
13. Favorite High-End Beauty Brand? Just one?! Dr Brandt for skincare and Tarte for beauty products.
14. What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try? Drunk Elephant, Marc Jacobs Beauty, YSL, Fenty Beauty, La Mer, Pat Mcgrath Labs, I could go on forever!
15. Favorite Drugstore Brand? I didn’t really think I had one until I looked and it looks like I own a ton of Maybelline and Wet N Wild products. If Colorpop was in drugstores then it would be Colourpop. I’m also a big fan of Milani.
16. What makeup can we always find in your bag? Lipsticks and eyeliner. I have mascara in my car at all times and a to-go travel makeup kit but in my actual bag is always lipsticks and eyeliner.
17. How do you discover new products? How often do you shop for makeup? I’m a big fan of the Sephora Favorite boxes. It’s how I discover and try a lot of new products which I end up purchasing the full sizes. I also like to watch what products are trending and try them out. I shop for makeup on an as need basis or if there is a launch I’m really excited about, I’ll go grab it. I also get a lot of products in PR to try and most I end up loving.
18. What type of product do you buy the most of? Honestly, lately, it has been foundations, skincare, and lipsticks. I was on a highlighter and makeup brushes kick over the holidays too.
19. Did you ever have a bad experience with a brand? Thankfully, no. I hope I never have to. I am pretty upfront with my expectations and about my needs when I work with a brand and they have been the same with me. I have turned away opportunities that I felt I couldn’t genuinely promote or if I didn’t love the products but there were no bad feelings with those situations thankfully.
20. What brands have you had the best experiences with? Again, Paula’s Choice has been amazing to me. I also have nothing but love for First Aid Beauty, Pixi Beauty, and recently Fresh Beauty. I went to some cool events for Derma E, Soap and Glory, and Dr Brandt which have been equally wonderful. Again, Jord was great as well!
21. Is there a brand you can’t stand? Not really but I’m not a fan of any brands that are rude to their clients. I’ve seen some serious shade being thrown from one brand to another too and that puts a bad taste in my mouth.
22. What is your favorite place to shop for makeup? Sephora [hands down]. I’ve recently been trying to shop more at Ulta but usually Sephora and drugstores.
23. What are 5 products you always have in your shower? Peppermint soap, Redken shampoo and conditioner, face washes/oil cleansers/scrubs, shaving cream, and as of recently the Soap and Glory body washes. I also keep deep conditioning packets handy.
24. If you could only buy from one brand, which one would you choose? Probably Colourpop because they are always coming out with new and exciting products but they cover quite a range like shadows to concealer, etc.
25. Who is your celebrity makeup crush? I think Desi Perkins is flawless. If we are talking celebrity, Rihanna, Blake Lively, Chelsea Houska always look amazing.
26. What beauty packaging are you currently crushing on? TooFaced packaging is always so adorable!
27. 5 Favorite beauty gurus:
- Desi Perkins
- Carli Bybel
28. What is your ‘everyday’ makeup? Foundation, setting powder, brows, mascara, and a lip product.
29. Most recent Amazon purchase? Calligraphy pens and beginners guide!
30. Current makeup trend you can’t stand? All the new brow trends. Nail brows? Feather brows? Like what the heck is that?!
I hope you enjoyed this rapid-fire question post!
Pick a question or two and tell me about yourself in the comments below.
Here is your pin-able:
Answer your favorite question below about yourself!
More questions for me? Comment below!