The BEST Drugstore Beauty
Products of 2017
Now that you’ve seen the worst, it’s time for the BEST drugstore beauty products of 2017!
Before we get into it, this list is long so I’ll try to keep it simple. Most of these were probably talked about in a blog post so if they are I will link to the post as well. I chose products that are available at your local drugstore but I also wanted to include products available at Ulta. I know Ulta technically isn’t drugstore but they sell a lot of these products as well as some affordable brands.
Also, do you guys want to see a 2017 Best high-end beauty products post? Comment below and tell me!
Disclaimer: Some of these products I received in PR and majority of these products I purchased myself but as always, these are my own, honest opinions.
Before you go, comment below
and tell me your best drugstore beauty product of 2017.
The BEST drugstore beauty products of 2017:
These are my personal favorite drugstore beauty products that I tried in 2017. I know some have been around long before 2017 but these were all new to me last year. These are the products I kept reaching for over and over again and some even repurchased.
Skin: As you know, skin was totally in for me in 2017. I tried SO many new products and found so many incredible products that I hosted my own Skincare Awards on the blog. These were my drugstore faves of 2017.
- Kirkland Facial Towelettes: Hello Costco! I used to swear by Neutrogena wipes until I found these. I love that these aren’t as harsh as the Neutrogena wipes but they take off my makeup just as easy.
- Derma E Hydrating Day and Night Cremes: I did a travel post on these because I refuse to travel without them but I also use them daily [especially in the winter]. They are so hydrating!
- ELF Bubble Mask: Another newbie but I seriously love this product. I like that you get multiple uses and bubble masks have easily become a favorite for me in 2017.
- Vaseline Lip Therapy: I love this product. I was never a huge fan of any lip products until probably 2015. This lip treatment works wonders on dry lips but I also like to use it year round.
- Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water: Micellar water became a huge hit this year. I have a ton that I rotate into my routine but this one I have gone through at least a bottle or two.
- Derma E Radiant Glow Face Oil: I never used face oils before the end of last year but when Derma E came out with this collab with SunKissAlba… I haven’t used any others since.
- Nivea Essentially Enriched Body Lotion: I’m pretty sure Desi Perkins mentioned this in a video so of course I had to purchase it but I’m sure glad I did. It makes my skin g-l-o-w!
- Derma E Purifying Gel Cleanser: I don’t use too many cleansers so I’m surprised I found one I love. This gel cleanser is perfect for in the shower and I love to rotate it with my face oil cleansers.
- Miss Spa Deep Clean Bubble Mask: You know I had to put my OG bubble mask on here. I will forever love this bubble sheet mask. This was the reason I feel in love with masks.
- Que Bella Peel Off Masks: Peel off masks are another favorite. I don’t know if it’s cause they are so fun or because my skin feels awesome afterwards but I love Que Bella masks the most. You can find these at your local target.
Face: I tried to keep it to my most loved face products. There are a lot of other great drugstore face products but again these were my babies.
- Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Translucent Powder: I said it once, I’ll say it again, I listed this as a drugstore dupe for the Laura Mercier powder and I still standby it. The texture and feel is very similar. Nothing compares to Laura Mercier but for drugstore, it’s pretty damn good. Also, they just came out with a loose powder version of this product which I’m sure is even closer to a dupe [but I need to try first!]
- Colourpop Concealers: I just recently shared a huge Colourpop haul which featured these. If you want to see the swatches just check out the post here. I love these concealers!
- Milani Conceal + Perfect Foundation: This product was one featured in my top five drugstore foundations along with the pro-glow and matte foundation below. It gives such a beautiful finish with amazing coverage.
- L’Oreal Pro-Glow and Matte Foundations: See top five drugstore foundations post. 🙂 No seriously, drugstore foundations this year have really stepped up their game and these two baddies are top of the pack.
- Wet N Wild Concealers: Before Colourpop came out with their concealers, these were the ones I was always grabbing. I love the coverage and that they are lightweight. I’m pretty sure these are less than $5 bucks too…
- Essence Make me Brow: I am always looking for new brow products and this one actually works. It’s like a tinted brow gel but not a gel. Idk but it rocks and keeps my baby hairs in place.
- Maybelline Fit Me Dewy and Smooth Foundation: This product wasn’t featured in my top drugstore foundations post because it just recently launched. I honestly think this may be my current favorite drugstore foundation.
- LA Girl Pro Face Bronzer: I think I have every shade of their pro face powders but their bronzer is so on point. The powders are soft and pigmented and they blend beautifully.
- Makeup Revolution Ultra Bronze: Another bronzer that I keep grabbing is this guy. I love that it is super matte and that it blends evenly.
- ELF Holographic Lotion in Cosmic: This product was recently featured in an ELF Haul. Holy gorgeous. I am smitten.
Highlighters + Blushes: The fact I was able to pick four of these… they must be really, really good.
- Essence Satin Touch Blush in Satin love: I believe the name of this is satin love. If not, I apologize because I couldn’t find it then. This is the most beautiful blush that I own. I cannot find another shade like it. Seriously. I’m so happy I received this in one of my Ipsy bags!
- City Color Be Matte Blush in Fresh Melon: Lawddd I love me this blush. It is so pretty, pigmented, and unlike any other color I own.
- Wet N Wild Megaglo Highlighting Powder: OKAY drugstore highlighter, come through. Did you see the swatch below?!
- Physicians Formula Butter Highlighter in Rose Gold: I know that I put their butter bronzer on my worst drugstore beauty list, but this highlighter is amazing AND it smells awesome. It is pigmented, it blends beautifully, and it smells like vacation.
- ELF Aqua Beauty in Cool Mist: Another product from my holiday haul, I am obsessed with this palette. The shades are so easy to work with and the blues. MY GOODNESS.
- Maybelline x Shayla City Mini Palette: Could it be my favorite drugstore palette ever? It’s very possible. MakeupShayla really outdid herself on this collab. Talk about a beautiful range packed with pigment and blendability.
- Wet N Wild Loose Pigment: Can you ever go wrong with loose, beautiful pigment for less than $5 bucks? No, no you can’t.
- Colourpop Supernova Shadows: I’m going out on a limb but hello Stila Magnificent metals dupe!
- Rimmel Glam Eyes Liquid Liner: The perfect wing liner with the thinnest applicator!
- L’Oreal Infallible Black Eyeliner: This is a great, pigmented drugstore eyeliner pencil. If you are looking to try a new pencil, check this out.
- ELF Glitter in Turquoise Twilight: Another stunning easy-to-apply glitter eye product. I can never have enough! Check out the full details here.
- Catrice Liquid Metal Eyeshadows: This is my favorite shadow topper. I love to pop this on the center of my lips or honestly by themselves. They are so, so pretty. Swatches below!
- Ardell Faux Mink Lashes: Ardell came out with Faux Mink and Studio Pro lashes… my world has been rocked. I love me some Ardell and now I don’t think any lashes can top theirs in my book.
- L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara: This will be a forever favorite. If you are looking for non-chunky, voluminous, black mascara… this is your babe.
- Wet N Wild Megaliner Liquid Liner: Hands down my favorite eyeliner of 2017. That is all.
- Milani Lipsticks: I will forever love their lipsticks. Not only are they affordable but they are super pigmented, comfortable, and long lasting.
- Gigi Hadid x Maybelline Lipsticks in Lani and Austyn: I did a whole first impressions post on her collection. These lipsticks are stunning. I wish the price was their normal lipstick price but because of the name they are a smidge more.
- Kenra Perfect Blowout: I just received this product in a package from Kenra at the end of 2017, but I can already tell this is going to be a solid 2018 favorite so I’m including it now.
- Eva NYC Dry Shampoo: I’ve tried this dry shampoo before but recently fell in love all over again when they sent me this amazing UO collab. I always carry dry shampoo in my car or gym bag and this is my number one fave.
- L’Oreal Paris Boost It High Lift Creation Spray: I bought this in the beginning of the year, holy smokes… talk about volume. This is my go-to spray for adding an extra pow to deflated hair. Just a tiny spritz and a teasing comb and you could easily have a whole new styled do’.
- Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco Argan Oil Conditioning Treatment: Marc Anthony is one of my favorite drugstore hair brands. They always have high quality products at an affordable price. This treatment pack always gives my hair a crazy good boost after use.
Misc: If you caught my battle of the brushes post, then you can read all about BH Cosmetics brushes, Wet N Wild brushes, and the ELF brushes I purchased. After using so many brushes I figured I would narrow it down to the ones I use every single day.
- Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge: I have about 6-8 beauty blenders and I use this $6 makeup sponge every day.
- BH Cosmetics Fan Brush: If you want a brush that can slay a highlight like no other… I swear this changed my highlight game.
- Morphe Brush M439: This has been my go-to foundation brush for the last 6 months or so. I have two or three others I usually rotate with but this one I have been using pretty much every single day for the last three months.
- Wet N Wild Pro Collection: Their new pro collection… omg. I love their brushes but I love the fact that they cost $30 for the entire pro set.
- Wet N Wild Powder Brush: I think this is the best brush I ever purchased for $3 dollars. I think it’s three dollars maybe $4. I own two or three of these and love them so much.
- Real Techniques Buffing Brush: This is my perfect brush for applying powder contour. It just fits perfectly in the areas I need to buff and blend.
Maybelline x Shayla City Mini Palette:
Left to Right: Wet N Wild Liner, Rimmel Liner, L’Oreal Liner, Wet N Wild Pigment, Bottom two swatches are Catrice shadows.
Left to right: Physician’s Formula Butter Highlighter, Essence blush, Wet N Wild Megaglow highlighter, City Color blush
Here is your pin-able:
Tell me what the best drugstore beauty product was that you used in 2017.
Did you like this post? Was it helpful?
Want to see my picks for best high-end beauty in 2017?