Heck Yeah or No Thank You:
One of my favorite series, Heck Yeah or No Thank you, is back! Todays post will feature a bunch of new ELF products that we recently purchased during our Black Friday ELF Haul.
We have used these products multiple times to give you the best, honest feels possible.
If you are familiar with these posts, you will know I don’t like to waste your time chitchatting about bad products but also don’t want you to waste your money so here we are with our honest AF series.
PS- If you want to see a video featuring any of these products let me know!
Heck Yeah or No Thank you – ELF Haul:
Brushes: If you caught my Battle of the Brushes post, then you already know about the recent ELF brushes I purchased and my thoughts on them so I will spare you. If you didn’t catch that post, make sure to check it out here.
Highlighters: So I kind of went HAM on the highlighters this past Black Friday…
- ELF Highlighter in White Pearl: I tend to personally like my highlighters a little more ‘punch you in the face with that glow’. This one didn’t do it for me. For $2 I really don’t want to complain but I honestly didn’t love the formula. It felt a little chalky and it didn’t last as long as I wanted it to. Once I truly blended the product it was almost non-existent.
- ELF Highlighting Pearl Paint in Moonbeam: Talk about layin’ it on thick! This ‘paint’ is thick, chunky, and everything just a bit too much. It is a little tough to blend once it is on your face and since it is so thick it moved my foundation around a little bit. I even tried it as an eyeshadow and it just looked like I layered tin foil on my eyes. For $4 I don’t hate or love the product. If you are new to makeup and looking to try a strobing cream or something similar this isn’t a terrible product to start with [in small amounts] but I prefer the next product even more. Also, the moonbeam shade is a bit more super silver than I prefer.
- ELF Holographic Lotion in Cosmic: I love this lotion. It is absolutely gorgeous. I prefer this lotion as a ‘strobing’ cream over the pearl paint just because it is lightweight and a pretty shade. I have also been applying it on top of my collarbone and shoulders and DANG it is pretty. I have been favoring MAC’s strobing cream lately but I really feel like this lotion blows it out of the water. The only thing that is weird is I bought this product on Black Friday and it is no longer showing on their website so I am not sure if it is discontinued or if it was a special product but if you can find it at your local Target grab it! Update: it is listed on the website as ‘prismatic glowtion’ but the carton says ‘holographic lotion’ either way it’s awesome for $8.
Eyes: I saw these palettes on Lustrelux’s YouTube and they looked SO beautiful I just had to have them plus for Black Friday they were 50% off sooooo I got both. Also, the palette shades don’t have names for the shadows so the swatches below go by row.
- ELF Aqua Beauty Cushion Eyeshadow Palette in Cool Mist: LOVE is an understatement. This palette is part of their new Aqua Beauty collection. I am obsession with the shades and textures of these shadows. They are so, so soft and glide on the eye. The ‘cushion’ texture reminds me of a Colourpop supershock shadow and the pigmentation is stunning. For $12 [$6 on Black Friday] this palette is well worth the tag. Also, look at those BLUES!
- ELF Aqua Beauty Cushion Eyeshadow Palette in Island Breeze: At $12 this is one of their ‘pricier’ products. This palette comes with 6 different beautiful shadows. One of the things I love about these palettes is the range of different shades and the way they pair them in the palette. Again, I love the formula and for drugstore shadows they are a great quality and they last all day. These two palettes were easily my favorites from the haul.
- ELF Pop of Glitter Makeup Transformer Gel in Turquoise Twilight: This gel is like the glitter version of the holographic lotion. It is SO pretty! I that it has the perfect amount of glitter and sparkle. These types of glitter gels and shadows have become really popular this past year. The gel comes in five different colors with of course I now want to try all of them and for $4 I will more than likely will. Once the gel dries it leaves such a gorgeous, fine glitter look.
- ELF Hydrating Bubble Mask: If you follow me on Instagram Stories then I’m sure you have seen me trying this baby out. I love it so much that this was a repurchase for me. I love bubble masks in general but I really love this packaging and pump. I also like that I get multiple uses out of it. An average bubble mask ranges from $2 and up. This container is $14 and I easily got more than 6 or 7 ‘masks’ out of it. I think it is well worth the price tag.
ELF Highlighter in White Pearl: No Thank You
ELF Highlighting Pearl Paint in Moonbeam: No Thank You
ELF Holographic Lotion in Cosmic: HECK Yeah
ELF Aqua Beauty Cushion Eyeshadow Palette in Cool Mist: HECK Yeah
ELF Aqua Beauty Cushion Eyeshadow Palette in Island Breeze: HECK Yeah
ELF Pop of Glitter Makeup Transformer Gel in Turquoise Twilight: HECK Yeah
ELF Hydrating Bubble Mask: HECK Yeah
Here is your pin-able:
Have your tried any of these ELF products?
What did you think? Want us to try a product?