Behind The Blog: 15 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Me
Hey Little Babes!
Hope you are all having a fabulous week!
This week I decided to switch it up from our usual beauty posts
and dig a little deeper into my personal life.
I love to connect with you so I wanted to share
some things you probably didn’t know about me.
I hope you all enjoy this post and if you have any questions
please feel free to comment below!
Here we go!
1. I play with Private Jets for a living: I bet you are asking…”What did you just say?” The answer is Yes. I have a full-time job aside from my blog and personal training. 40 hours a week I get to work with private jets and very high-end clients. Imagine pretty much any celeb that has been on tour or anyone who needs to make special appearances at events. Yup, those are the folks I deal with on the regular. [Above is a picture of a photo shoot I did with Leo and one of our jets.]
2. My favorite food is dessert: If I could eat one thing for the rest of my life, it would probably be some form of a cookie or cake. Sure I love comfort foods like mac n’ cheese and pizza but my hardest temptation to control is always desserts. Sometimes when I am at parties I seriously need to get up and just walk around while the urge passes. I also tend to drink lots of water – in general – but at events with tons of my favorite goodies I casually sip away instead of taking down the whole table. JK [but not really].
3. I prefer to be alone: Yes – I am serious. I’m one of those people who love to do things by themselves like shopping, driving, eating and sometimes even traveling. It’s not that I don’t enjoy my family or friends, I just like to be alone to clear my mind sometimes. I also hate to be rushed. When I am by myself I am on my own schedule and it just works.
4. My secret guilty pleasure is Teen Mom: I wasn’t always like this! I actually only started to get addicted within the last two years or so. I watched 16 and pregnant very rarely when it first aired so I actually don’t know the full story of all the girls – just the bigger story lines – but I just love seeing how they are growing up and coming into their own. I think I started watching because I had finished all my shows and Netflix didn’t have much going on so I just started watching and now I have to admit I’m a fan.
5. I have traveled, a lot: Growing up I was lucky enough that my family went on yearly vacations. I have been all over the US, to the islands and even Austria multiple times [that’s where my mom parents are from] but I have never been to Hawaii or most of Europe and I really want to go. I am actually going to St Maarten at the end of January so if you have any suggestions on where to go and what to do please make sure to comment below!
6. When I was in high school and college I was a hardcore San Diego Chargers Fan… from New York: It all started back in my high school sports marketing class. I was forced to participate in fantasy football and then well obviously I became obsessed. I always loved sports so it was natural for me to pick it up but something about the Chargers back in like 2003-2005 had me going hard. Today I actually don’t follow football as much as I would like to. I still love the Chargers but being from New York I support both teams.
7. My favorite job I ever had was at a local Themepark: This was actually my first job ever. I started when I was 14 and worked there for 5 years. I’m not sure if it was my favorite because I was so young and careless and kind of just did whatever I wanted or because I worked with all of my best friends. It was so much fun and the job was so carefree plus my best friends and I would eat all of the food and not gain any weight so there was that.
8. I only have one tattoo… but I want more!: If you follow me on snapchat or Instagram then I’m sure you’ve seen my tiny heart tattoo on my wrist but if not then you should probably go follow me. 😉 Anyways, I do want another tattoo on my foot and probably one or two more. It took me about 8 years to get the tiny tattoo on my wrist so I’m working on it.
9. I write down ev-ery-thang: My friends make fun but guess who knows where everything is at all times. Aside from the fact I have a solid OCD-driven filing system, I write everything down so I can come back to whatever it is later and give it my full attention. Often, I get my best brainstorming sessions done while on the treadmill or cardio machine – which is not ideal of course – so while I’m mid cardio-bunny I text notes to myself. I love writing everything down because my mind is like 53 open tabs and if I don’t write it down I will forget something plus it makes it easier to go back to later and build off of what I had started.
10. I eat pasta maybe 5 times a year: Chalk it up to the fact that I’m not Italian or because I prefer protein, either way I eat pasta maybe five times a year. I just didn’t grow up on it so I don’t feel a need to make it. I would rather have something like Ezekiel bread or and English muffin. I really only eat pasta at events or parties when there is literally nothing else that I like to eat.
11. I used to breed bunnies: Also, my cousin and I actually did a couple of bunny competition shows too. I swear and yes it’s embarrassing. Anyways, when I was little I got my first Satin bunny, Candy, and from then it turned into about four or five at a time. My mother obviously did the breeding since I was a small child but we always would keep one from each litter.
12. I am deathly afraid of home invasions and robberies: So that is my biggest fear. It has gotten so bad that I recently asked for a pepper spray keychain for Christmas [which of course I received – #nicelist]. Anyways, I don’t know what it is about but I just have these nightmares recently and I just needed it. So if you are reading this and decide you want to try and rob me, please know that I have pepper spray and a wooden baseball bat with my high school nickname ‘sparkin larkin’ engraved on it. [another sad but true] but I will use both!
13. I swear…a lot: I am working on it! I swear! Okay, actually I’m not but I do curse a lot more than the average woman. Some think it makes me extra funny [ 😉 ] and some think it’s disgusting [like my mom] but anyways I am seriously trying to work on it. I don’t think it is professional so it is something I am working on.
14. I did ballet for 11 years: It’s true I was a dancer for 11 years. I did everything from tap, jazz, ballet, pointe, hip hop, lyrical, you name it. I wasn’t very good though [I’ll be honest]. I stopped in high school when I started to heavily get into sports. I played Softball in middle school through college [travel league] and I also played basketball [tallest girl on the team at 5’4 – I don’t get it either but I wasn’t good], and Field Hockey which became my all time love. So much so that after I couldn’t play in college anymore I started a league with some friends.
15. I’m not fond of children… or babies for that matter: I know I’m like the anti-girl of life. I don’t like babies or coffee. I don’t get it either but I just know I don’t. I’m sure that when I am ready I will unconditionally love my own children but right now I just don’t want to hold yours and I’m not really sorry about it.
So that is really all I have for today. Thank you for joining me!
I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little better but now I want to hear from you!
Tell me something about yourself in the comments below.
Ask me a question or two below!
Want more? Tell me what we should share for our next behind the blog series post?