10 Must Read Books for Entrepreneurs
Hey Boss Babe!
I’ve been doing a lot of soul searching, girl bossing and reading lately.
Have you ever felt like you were just meant to do something spectacular? I have and if you have then these books are a must read. Whether you are trying to start your own business, get a promotion at work or just want to learn how to own your greatness then all of these are a must.
Below are books that I have personally read or am in the process of reading. Each of them have their own badass-ness to them. I have found them extremely helpful and I hope they can help you too.
Here are our 10 Must Read Books for Entrepreneurs:
- Girl Code: Unlocking the Secrets to Success, Sanity and Happiness for the Female Entrepreneur: The author of this book is Cara Alwill Leyba aka the author of ‘The Champagne Diet’ blog (one of my favorites!) This book is about empowering your inner entrepreneur and showing up for others. It guides you on how to find your own success and happiness in your life and career. I am in the middle of this book right now and I can honestly say I love her thought process, humor and mindset that you are limitless. It is a great read for my ‘side hustle’ babes looking to go big or go home.
- 52 Ways to Live a Kick-Ass Life: I love that this book gives goal-oriented lessons. If you are looking to improve your life then this book is for you. Andrea’s book helps you uncover ways in which you are limiting yourself and shows you how to break away from the negatives in your life. It is a great read for anyone looking to truly learn how to live a great life.
- Nice is Just a Place in France: I picked up this book originally because I am a huge fan of ‘The Betches’ Instagram account. They always have me laughing by saying the things every girl thinks at one time or another. This book is about winning at life and getting what you want. If you are trying to craft your inner boss then I recommend this funny read.
- The School of Greatness: Okay, not going to lie, I originally bought this book for my brother but I fully planned on reading it once he was done. I finally got my hands on this book and just started to dive in. I love his podcast so I knew I would instantly love his book and I am happy to say he hasn’t disappointed me yet. Lewis teaches the essential tips he has learned from interviewing ‘the greats’ and he teaches how to apply them. Being an athelete myself, I love how he incorporates his very inspirational story.
- Nice Girls Still Don’t Get the Corner Office: I have actually read both of Lois P Frankel’s books and I’m not sure which one I love more. She shows you how to find a mentor and really own your thoughts and visions. The book above is her updated book so I would recommend that one since it is well, updated but both books are equally magical. Her books really helped pull me out of a toxic mindset while at a job that just wasn’t the right fit. I would start with this book then jump to any of the others on the list.
- Rich Bitch – A simple 12 step plan for getting your financial life together: AH! I cannot say enough about this book. Girlfriend shows you really how to take charge of your finances and set real goals. I am currently going through her 12 step process and have to say I am very happy with what I have going on. I like to think I was doing alright but I know that you can always be doing better. This book really helps get you on track even if you aren’t off track.
- #GIRLBOSS: YAS. I know you guys have seen me post about this book before. It actually took me longer to finish than I had planned but it was still a good read. I loved learning about Sophia’s story. She went from dumpster diver to CEO of her own company (that she started on Ebay). How crazy right? Crazy but possible because everything is possible. This book is very inspirational and really gets you thinking about how to conquer your inner #Girlboss.
- You are a Badass – How to stop doubting yourself and start living an awesome life: This book is just, amazing. I love that Jen shares some of her funny stories and advice. They really inspire you to become a badass version of yourself. This book also seeks to help you to fix your self sabotaging habits and create a life you love.
- The Desire Map – A guide to creating goals with soul: I grabbed this book a few months ago and I’m sure you have seen it on my favorites list. I really wanted to focus on this book when I was not reading any other books so I started reading and then stopped (Once I finish the other two books I am reading I will go back). I love that this is a workbook style book and from what I have read so far, I am really excited to fully dive in. The Desire Map focuses on goal setting, positive thinking, feelings and being limitless.
- Leave Your Mark – Land your dream job, kill it in your career, rock social media: I purchased this book on my kindle one day, when I was bored on my lunch break, and I’m glad I did. I love that Alicia incorporates how to gain positive attention from your dream employer while building your brand. I wish I picked up this book right after I graduated college because it would have really helped when I was first starting out. However, it was still very helpful with my social media goals.
Here is your pin-able: