FC’s Skinny Mexican Pizza Recipe!
- 1 Whole Wheat Pizza Dough (Homemade or Stop and Shop whole wheat dough)
- 1 Packet of Old El Paso Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 Packet of Fat Free, Reduced Fat OR Part Skim Mexican Cheese Blend
(I used Kraft and about 1/2 the package)
- 1 cup of Frozen Corn
- 1 Head of Iceberg Lettuce
- 1lb of 90% Lean Ground Beef (or you can use ground turkey)
- 1 Small Bottle of Light Catalina Dressing (for drizzle)
- Olive Oil Spray
- Pizza Stone (mine is from pampered chef but doesn’t have handles)
- Baker’s Roller (also from pampered chef)
- Deep Saute Pan with Lid (example)
- Pizza Cutter (I think mine is from the dollar store?)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees (depends on how strong your oven is but 350-400 should be good)
- Lightly spray pizza stone with olive oil spray.
- Roll out pizza dough onto the stone to create your round or square dough shape. (Quick Tip: dip hands in a little flour so the dough doesn’t stick to your hands)
- Lightly Spray the dough with olive oil spray and sprinkle a small amount of cheese over the dough.
- In your saute pan over medium heat, brown the pound of ground beef.
- While the beef is cooking, place the dough into the oven.
- Once brown, pour the beef into a strainer and rinse. Then add the beef back to the saute pot and add 1 cup of frozen corn and your packet of taco seasoning.
- Let beef and corn simmer in the taco seasoning sauce and cook until sauce thickens (with the lid).
- Once beef/corn combo is cooked, remove the dough from the oven and place the combo on top of the dough. You can also add cheese on top of the beef (extra cheese is optional).
- Place the dough back in the oven to finishing cooking. While the pizza cooks, chop the head of iceberg lettuce.
- Once the pizza is done cooking, remove it from the oven and add the lettuce on top of the beef.
- Drizzle the dressing on top of the pizza.
- Cut into 8 pieces and enjoy!
(depending on how big your made your pizza would determine how many slices – Serving size for mine is 1 slice.)