2017 Spring Beauty Favorites
This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them help support this website.
Today we are chatting about our favorite new products that we have been using daily
over the past weeks, months or even days.
We just know you will love these products and as always we try to keep all of our products in a realistic price range.
There are a few high-end products on this list as well as some drugstore products or just affordable gems.
Alright, let’s get to it!
Our Favorite Spring Beauty Products for 2017:
1.Nicole Guerriero x ABH Palette: This palette is S-t-u-n-n-i-n-g. I love ABH glow kits. They never let me down and always give me an intense glow. I bought this kit originally for the shade ‘forever lit’ [the platinum-lavender shade] but all six highlighters are equally amazing. I love that they have a wide range from coral shimmers to pearl shimmers. This product just hit Sephora this week so if it is hard to get your hands on just wait a week or two and you should be good.
2. Kat Von D Alchemist Holographic Palette: This product is another one that just hit Sephora. I do not own anything like this palette. It is SO cool and literally holographic. I love that I can use this on my eyes, lips, and cheeks. It gives a beautiful highlight, an incredible holographic pop on the lids and I love adding it on top of a neutral lipstick. You can check the beautiful swatches here.
3. OUAI Products: I am so happy I purchased these products. For hair products, they were a bit higher in price than what I normally spend for styling products. The soft mousse and dry shampoo foam give my hair tremendous volume. The dry shampoo foam you can just use on your own without a blow dryer – but – if you use it with a blowdryer and a round brush…Oh my volume!
4. Colourpop Highlighters: If you have been hanging with us for a while then I’m sure you have seen our mini hauls. Colourpop can do no wrong in my eyes. I love their satin lipsticks and super shock shadows but I wish I purchased this highlighter sooner. I love the way it applies and how it stays all day. Their formulas are incredible and very different, oh and they are super affordable. The highlighter pictured is called ‘stole the show‘ it is a pearlized warm silver with hints of pink, silver, and gold.
5. Hey Honey ‘Take it off’ Exfoliating Peel Off Mask: Hey Honey is a newbie to my favorites list. It all started because of my current obsession with peel off masks. Anyways, I love how this mask applies and that it is affordable [compared to similar masks]. I also love that it isn’t in a jar like most masks and that it helps to promote a smooth and clear complexion. It is so easy to use and the honey extract provides added moisture.
6. Derma-E Creams: I love Derma-e. I have been a huge fan of their creams for years but recently reconnected with the day cream on my last vacation prep. I use the day cream on my face, arms, hands, you name it. It makes my skin so soft but I love how lightweight it is. The night cream is equally amazing. It helps minimize fine lines and wrinkles seem to disappear. I I like that both creams don’t have a scent as well because sometimes my skin can be a bit sensitive.
7. Stila Magnificent Metals Foil Eye Shadow: If you caught our IG swatches you know why we are obsessed and if you follow any beauty guru I’m sure you’ve heard about these babies. They are incredible. They apply like effortlessly and I love that there is no fallout! They are definitely long-wearing, lightweight, and some of the most beautiful glitter eyeshadows I’ve ever purchased.
8. Ardell FauxMink Lashes: These fauxmink lashes are the best thing Ardell ever created. Seriously. They are so soft and although they look heavy they are actually very light. They are ultra-soft and instantly give a full, glamorous look. You can see the lashes in action here and here.
9. Tarteist Clay Paint Liner: This liner has made me actually enjoy putting on eyeliner and the Tarte liner brush allows me to create the perfect wing. This cream eyeliner is very pigmented and creamy. It allows for a flawless, smooth application. You can see the liner in action here.
10. Kylie Cosmetics Kyliner: This gel liner has easily become my favorite. It lasts all day without smudging and is super matte black. I legit have to wipe my eyes more than once to get it off at night! The formula is ultra-long wearing and it is a creme gel eyeliner. The kit also comes with a pencil eyeliner and a full sized synthetic angled brush but the gel eyeliner pot is worth the purchase alone. You can only buy Kylie’s products on her website.
11. Marc Beauty Highliner: The past six months or so I have really been sticking to gel and liquid liners because I find them easier to use. However, this highliner went on so easily when I tried it and I have been using it so often that I needed to add it to the list. I love the dark brown shade which is nice to switch up from my traditional matte black.
12: Rimmel Glam Eyes Liquid Eyeliner: Like I said liquid and gel liners have been my jam but this particular liquid liner has the perfect pen applicator. It is super fine so it really allows you to get that beautiful, crisp wing. I also love that when I apply lashes I can get into any spots that I missed and easily cover them up. It is also one of my favorite drugstore eyeliners.
13. theBalm Mad Lash Mascara: I received this product in one of my Ipsy bags a few months ago and I cannot put it down. It gives SO much volume and the wand has a slight bend so it really gets into each little eyelash. The formula is very black and you don’t have to keep dipping the brush to get product because the wand is packed with product on the first pull. It is my daily go-to mascara at the moment.
14. NARS Primer: NARS always has high-quality products and this pore and shine control primer is no exception. I received this product as a deluxe sample from Sephora and I love it so much that I will be purchasing the full-size product once I finish the sample. This product reminds me of a matte primer lotion that helps hide pores and gives a smooth finish.
15. Urban Decay Perversion Mascara: This is another mascara I received in one of my Ipsy bags. Urban Decay is one of those brands that I know almost every single product is going to be amazing. The brush on this mascara is full and fluffy so it also gives a ton of volume. I love that the formula is ultra creamy and that it also adds length.
16. Colourpop Pressed Shadows: These shadows are new to the colourpop family. I own about 20 of their super shock shadows but these pressed shadows are where it is at! They have the most beautiful shades and they blend like no tomorrow. I love that the pressed shadows come in different formulas as well [they have matte and metallic powders available]. Oh, and did I mention they are only $5 each?!
17: VERB Ghost Oil: I LOVE this ghost oil. I am always looking for new hair products and when I stumbled upon this product and tried it, I haven’t looked back since. I love adding this product to the ends of my hair after I wash it for added protection and a bit of gloss. It is good for straight, wavy, curly or tightly coiled hair.
18. Kirkland Daily Facial Towelettes: YES! I finally found these. I have been searching for these wipes every since one of my favorite YouTubers, Lustreluxe, mentioned them in a post. For 150 wipes it was $12 and they come in individual packs of 30 in the case so they don’t dry out. Ah-mazing. They are also great for sensitive skin and I prefer them over my old Neutrogena wipes.
19. IBY Beauty Brushes: The obsession is real! I seriously want to buy every single brush they make [yes they are that good]. I recently grabbed their powder and blush brushes and have used them every – single – day. Their blush brush grabs the perfect amount of product and applies it so evenly. Their powder brush I love using to add my favorite bronzers to my look.
20. Tarte Drink of H2O: This product is LIFE. If you get anything on this list, get this product. I purchase this after I saw the perfect [and my absolute favorite YouTuber] Desi Perkins wearing this. Her skin looked like a glazed donut I swear. She also swore by this product so I knew I had to purchase it. I love wearing it alone with no other products. I love to wear it before I go to the gym and at night time. It gives the perfect hydrated glow and it is so refreshing.
21. Algenist Power Advanced Wrinkle Fighter Moisturizer: This is the first product I’ve tried from Algenist and now I know why. The full price product is about $85 which is high for me. I got this deluxe sample from Sephora so if you can get your hands on some samples try them first. I love the texture and smell of this product. I put it on at night before bed and my skin feels like brand new the next day.
22: Glamglow Volcasmic Matte Glow Moisturizer: GLAMGLOW yes just yes. Glamglow always comes through for me. This is another deluxe sample I received, however, this one is more affordable for high-end moisturizers. This product is about $54 and I will be purchasing this one after my sample runs out. It is a matte moisturizer that is good for normal, oily and combination skin. I think my favorite thing about this product is the SMELL. Oh my gosh it smells so good and it has an extremely similar formula to the Algenist product.
23. Biossance ‘The Revitalizer’: If you caught our review then you will see all the reasons we love ‘The Revitalizer’ aka 100% Squalane oil. I just noticed that they have brand new packaging and are now available at SEPHORA [which is so freaking exciting]. So the picture below and the reviews have the old bottle packaging. The new products are in a dark green bottle.
24. Tatcha ‘The Essence’: This plumping skin softener is great for anti-aging and works to combat dullness and uneven texture. This is another product that is on the higher end but Tatcha products have never steered me wrong. This formula is so light and I love that it gives results beyond a typical moisturizer.
25. Wet N Wild Concealer: I said it once and I’ll say it again: this concealer is like if the NARS creamy concealer and the Maybelline Fit Me concealer had a baby. It is the perfect combo. I know that is a bold statement and I really didn’t think I would find another drugstore concealer that I would lvoe more than Maybelline’s but I have and it is this concealer. The formula is lightweight and buildable but it gives a ton of coverage and at $3.99 you cannot beat the price.
26. Tarte Shape Tape Concealer: Unless you have been living under a rock, I’m sure you have heard the rave reviews about Tarte’s shape tape concealer. I’m here to tell you the reviews are worth the hype. This concealer sculpts and masks imperfections. It is creamy. It is long-wearing. It is hydrating. It is amazing.
27: Josie Maran Vibrancy Argan Oil Foundation: This foundation is medium to full coverage but it honestly makes your skin glow. I currently have a darker shade so it is perfect for end of spring and summer. I used it on my recent trip to St Maarten and I could not say enough positive things about this product and formula. It is unlike any other foundation I have tried.
28. Hanalei Lip Treatment: You may have heard me talk about this lip treatment before and I’m adding it to this list because I honestly cannot get enough of it. It saved my lips this winter and I will be continuing to use it this spring. The formula is smooth and refreshing. It has shea butter so it makes my lips feel silky soft. They also have a lip scrub available which I am dying to try.
29. Kylie Cosmetics Koko Kollection: This liquid lip set has everything. A Shimmering gloss, two beautiful matte shades [fuchsia and burgundy] and a nude lipstick. I honestly have not found any liquid lipstick shades that I prefer over these. They are very pigmented, apply evenly and allow for multiple makeup looks. The only downside is they are limited edition so they are available on Kylie Cosmetics here and there.
30. Urban Decay Vice Lipsticks: For a lipstick, Urban Decay knows how to get the job done. Aside from the fact they have a tremendous range of shades, their formulas are very comfortable to wear and have rich pigment. They hydrate while enhancing my lipst and the formula leaves them feeling almost conditioned. My personal favorite shades are Stark Naked, Psycho and Gubby.
Shop Our Favorites:
Here is your pin-able: