I posted this amazing recipe on my Facebook Fitness Page a while back but I figured I’d share it with you all.
Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Pizza Recipe!
Serves About 5-6 People
What you will need: food processor or blender, flat pan or round pizza stone (for the oven), parchment paper, slow cooker, skillet or regular pan
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup fat-free or part-skim mozzarella (shredded)
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil, chopped (fresh is best)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Pinch of Sea-Salt and pepper
- 2 packs of thin sliced, boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked & shredded
- 1 bottle of Frank’s Buffalo Wing sauce
- 1/2 large orange or red bell pepper, sliced (optional)
- 1/3 – 1/2cup of fat-free or part-skim mozzarella (shredded)
- Ground pepper
Directions on slow cooking chicken:
- Turn on slow cooker on high heat
- Remove chicken from packages and wash and dry the chicken breasts
- Place 2-3 slices on the bottom of the slow cooker/Crockpot
- Slowly pour Frank’s buffalo wing sauce over the slices of chicken, pour about 1/2c of sauce (enough to cover most of the chicken)
- Add a layer of chicken (about 2-3 more slices) and add more sauce
- Continue until all of the chicken and 3/4 of the bottle of sauce have been used
- Let the chicken cook for approximately two to two and half hours (depends on crockpot)
- The chicken is done when you can pull it apart with two forks and almost falls apart
- Pull apart all of the chicken and set it aside
Directions on cauliflower crust & cooking the whole pizza:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Make the cauliflower crust by placing the cauliflower florets into your food processor or blender. Pulse on low until florets resemble rice.
- Place cauliflower mixture into a pan or skillet and cook for about 8-10 minutes (depending on how hot your stove is it could only take 6 or 7 minutes). Remove the pan from the heat and place into a mixing bowl. Add the beaten egg, 1 cup mozzarella, oregano, basil and sea-salt and pepper and mix until fully mixed.
- Cover the pizza stone or baking pan with parchment paper and smooth the crust mixture over the parchment paper to about a 1/4 inch thickness. (Make sure the middle is 1/4 inch or less so it cooks fully – it should be the thinnest part)
- Place the stone/pan in the oven and bake the crust for about 20 minutes or until crisp and golden. (Depending on how hot your oven gets this make take 25-30 minutes or only 15 minutes). Once golden, remove from the pan from the heat.
- Mix shredded chicken (and orange or red peppers if you choose), and a pinch of ground pepper with the remaining Buffalo wing sauce from the bottle. Mix well. Place chicken on the crust. Add 1/3 -1/2cup of mozzarella around the pizza and sprinkle with sea-salt (if desired).
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted. (again, this could take 8 minutes or 20 minutes depending on your oven).
- Let cool slightly, cut & serve!
- ENJOY 🙂