(or Egg-whites, Bacon and Zucchini Bites)
I make these all the time for a quick grab and go protein-packed snack.
- Liquid Egg-whites (about a cup and a half)
- 1 medium zucchini (shredded – yellow or green is okay)
- 1 package Applegate Naturals Uncured Sunday Bacon – Hickey Smoked
- Sea salt and ground pepper (just a pinch)
- Add liquid egg-whites, salt and pepper and mix together with shredded zucchini
- Spray muffin tin with olive oil spray (or coconut spray)
- Remove bacon from package. Cut each strip, removing about 1/4 off the end. You will use the larger part of the strip to line each muffin cup. The large strips will fill about 10 out of the 12 cups. The last two cups will be lined with the excess pieces of bacon we cut off.
- Once cups are lined with bacon, add zucchini/egg-white mixture to a little less than halfway point (make sure you don’t overfill or it will overflow when cooking!)
- Place tray in oven at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes (depending on how strong your oven is)
- Once fully cooked, let cool and enjoy!