Seven in 2017: Our goals, hopes and dreams
Thank you so much for joining us this week.
As some of you may know we had some really annoying technical issues with the website
last Monday and Tuesday and we left for vacation Wednesday so we weren’t able to get our post up.
We are SO sorry and we promise the upcoming weeks will have some awesome posts.
This past month we were reflecting on seven things we are determined to create and conquer in 2017.
These seven things range from blogging goals to personal goals to getting to know you all a bit more and just to see what you really want from us.
We hope you really enjoy this post and we look forward to hearing what you think!
Seven in 2017:
- Create new educational content and my first blogging course: Last year we launched our Blogology-101 course and received some positive feedback. I started the course with the intention to teach new bloggers how to get started so they didn’t make the same common mistakes that I had made and the same mistakes most bloggers do. This year my goal is to expand the series with more educational posts and to create my first blogging course! I am not 100% sure what the course will consist of yet [since it is still in brainstorming mode] but I want to cover some big topics. I plan to complete the posts and hope to launch the course by mid to end of year. For those interested in the course, what are your biggest blogging questions? Make sure to comment below please!
- Be more consistent in creating: This year another big to-do for me is making more videos and possibly adding an additional day of blog posts. Whether is it Youtube videos, Instagram stories, Snapchat, or Facebook live I want to be more active and more consistent. Since I have a full time job it is hard for me to do full Youtube videos and editing but I am going to work on sticking to one of these platforms and remaining consistent. I also want to add one more day of blog posts to each week. Currently we post on Tuesdays and Fridays but I am thinking of adding another day like Wednesday or Thursday. Again it is hard with the full time job so this may become a bi-weekly thing but since I have been getting a ton of collaboration requests I am thinking it might be time to put in some extra work. Which days work better for you Wednesday or Thursday?
- Find more balance in work, fitness and life: As I am talking about adding more to my plate… jk but I really do want to find a better balance. I’m okay with putting in the work but I know I need to plan my schedule better when it comes to work vs play. As for fitness I have been so up and down and all over the place since my last competition that I am really looking to find a healthy balance. This year I have eight [8! and I am in two of them!] weddings to go to which means bridal showers and bachelorettes like no tomorrow. One of my main personal goals this year is to find a healthy balance where I don’t restrict myself but I still feel comfortable in my skin.
- Create a home office and repaint/remodel my rooms: This has been a thorn in my side since last year. I currently live in an apartment and have had the same color scheme and basic decor since I graduated college in 09′ so it is safe to say my style has definitely changed. I have bought beautiful decorations, created my own mini walk-in closests and even made my own living room farm table to change it up a bit over the years but I finally realized the wall colors have to go. Also, since Steve and I are looking for a house, I do not want to go crazy but since he just got a new job for the next 6 months I know I’ll be here for at least that amount of time. I want to find somewhere in this apartment to make myself my own little workspace/office area too so that is on my list of things to accomplish.
- Make FCN profitable and track our finances: One of my number one goals this year is to make actual money with FCN. Sure we get a ton of free product [which counts as compensation], our affiliate programs and an occasional paid post but I want to make this more consistent so I could potentially work less hours elsewhere [if you catch my drift] and put more time in here with all of you. I also have seen a ton of my blogging friends actually show their monthly income reports which is something I am terrified yet eager to do.
- Grow social media and connect more: This sort of links up with being more consistent with live videos but I really want to build a solid presence for FCN on social media. I want people to say ‘oh check out FCN they can help you with that question or that problem’. I want to become the go-to and that is something I will work hard to accomplish for you all. I also am dying to to know what you want to see more of? Do you want to see actual fashion/styling posts? Do you want more blogging how-to’s, beauty tutorials, hair styling tips, wedding help, life guidance, or career assistance? Name it below and I’ll see how to fit it in.
- Reduce stress and anxiety: So this one is really new for me. I’ve heard the word anxiety being thrown around for years. I honestly never thought much of it until this year when I started to think maybe ‘anxiety’ could explain why I’ve been feeling the way I feel. I have to be honest, I have fully looked into it or even the definition of it, but I do know the tools to reduce stress so I am going to work on that first and hopefully this potential anxiety I think I may be feeling will fall off. If not, maybe I’ll look up the definition and figure it all out but how do you deal with stress [and anxiety]? Does anxiety just creep up on you as you get older? Help me! comment below!
Here is your pin-able:
Comment below and tell me what you want to see more of!