Whitening Sensitive Teeth at home with
This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them help support this website.
Holy Smokes November flew by right?!
Today we are showing off our best accessory… our smile!
I have teamed up with the babes at Smile Brilliant to get my pearly whites, extra white! I always thought my teeth were pretty white, but honestly, guys, you HAVE to see these results.
I am excited to share my thoughts on their teeth whitening system but I also have an amazing giveaway and a super exclusive discount offer below so make sure to enter!
Before you go,
comment below enter our giveaway and tell us if you have tried a teeth whitening kit before!
Disclaimer: This post is powered by Smile Brilliant.
We received this product complimentary for testing purposes.
However, as always, our opinions are always our own, honest opinions.
Before I dive in, I have to say I seriously thought my teeth couldn’t get any whiter. I always got compliments on how white my smile was and I was honestly pretty content with my smile. When Smile Brilliant reached out to me I thought why not give this system a run for it’s money my teeth can’t get any whiter. Well, I was wrong. The kit removed stains I didn’t even know I had.
Who is Smile Brilliant?
Smile Brilliant is a company “made up of dental professionals with more than 30 years of teeth whitening experience. For decades, their staff created custom-fitted whitening trays for local dentists. After realizing that more than 70% of the cost & time associated with professional teeth whitening revolves around trips to the dentist (office “chair time”), they decided to develop a system that allows our customers to make their own dental impressions. By eliminating a trip to the dentist, they eliminate much of the cost you would otherwise pay.”
Smile Brilliant Sensitive Teeth Whitening System – Average Stains
What does it include:
Each system includes different products but each kit includes a set of custom trays. One upper tray and one lower tray which YOU get to create! [I thought that was pretty cool]. Depending on the kit you get, the non-sensitive kits come with just the custom trays and the whitening applicators. The sensitive kits come with the custom trays, the whitening gel applicators, detailed instructions, prepaid return packing, and the desensitizing gel applicators.
Um, how much does this cost:
So there are LOTS of options. Let me break it down:
- The non-sensitive system for heavy stains costs $159 [the average dentist price is around $715+!]
- The non-sensitive system for average stains costs $149 [avg $659+]
- The non-sensitive system for light stains costs $129 [avg $600+]
- The sensitive system for heavy stains costs $179 [avg $850+]
- The sensitive system for average stains costs $165 [avg $750+]
- The sensitive system for light stains costs $139 [avg $650+]
How does it work:
The system is available for in two different levels depending on your sensitivity. They have a sensitive kit and a non-sensitive kit.
If you get the non-sensitive kit, after you created the custom trays, you would just apply the whitening gel. You use a small amount of the gel from the syringe during each application. So one syringe usually lasts about 3 or 4 applications.
If you get the sensitive kit, after you create the custom trays, you brush your teeth with ONLY water and floss then you apply the whitening gel for 45 minutes [you can apply it for up to 2 hours I believe but I only did it for 45 minutes each time]. After the whitening gel is done then you brush your teeth with a sensitive tooth paste and after that you apply the desensitizing gel for at least 20 minutes.
Pros vs Cons:
I feel like the kit had a lot of pros and a few cons but let’s break it down:
- Pro: You get to create custom trays. This was pretty freakin’ cool can’t deny it. The instructions are very easy to follow but they even give you a back up tray kit incase you mess up the first impression. [which I did] 🙂
- Pro: They have a ton of systems. I loved that they had the option for sensitive teeth. My teeth aren’t sensitive but I was too scared to try the non-sensitive kit.
- Pro: They ship worldwide so if you are in a country that maybe doesn’t have a great dentist… this could be your way to brighter teeth
- Pro: The kit truly removed stains. I finished the kit about two weeks ago but didn’t want to share this post until I got the full effect. I am happy to say my teeth are still just as white.
- Pro: You don’t need to use the kit every day to achieve the results. I used the kit every other day or every two days because I didn’t know how my teeth would react and I didn’t know how sensitive they would be.
- Pro: My teeth didn’t feel tingly or sensitive as they whitened. Even after the single application was complete, I was able to drink water just fine.
- Pro: It removed the stains evenly. My teeth didn’t have any spots that were extra white or anything weird.
- Pro: They are made in the good ole USA baby! and the package comes with prepaid shipping so you can ship back your teeth moldings.
- Con: The process is a little time consuming. However, once you are done with the kit the stains stay away so I think it is worth the time.
- Con: It is a bit pricier than your average drugstore kit, HOWEVER, this kit actually removed the stains on my teeth whereas the drugstore kits lasted a few days [max].
- Con: There are a lot of steps to remember. This one is kind of silly because it comes with instructions however, there was two times where I forgot a step in between the applications.
- Con: You have to use the kit when you don’t plan on drinking anything that will stain your teeth. This meant I applied the kit at night before bed. With that being said, you would need to do the same for a drugstore kit.
I was genuinely surprised with the results. My teeth looked whiter every time I used the kit and I was pleasantly surprised with my results. As someone who doesn’t drink coffee or red wine and as someone who doesn’t smoke I really didn’t think I had any stains. I drink tea occasionally like once a every other month so again, I really thought my teeth were pretty white. I have used store bought kits in the past but I haven’t used one in years because I thought my teeth were in pretty good shape. As you can see below I had a little bit of yellowish stains around the top and bottom of my teeth. Those were pretty much gone after the second application. I love that the trays were custom made to fit my teeth so it wasn’t uncomfortable. I loved the final result and still use a sensitive, whitening tooth paste to make sure the stains stay away. I didn’t love that the application was more time consuming that average but again I won’t have to whiten my teeth for quite some time. Overall, I would absolutely do this again.
Before and After:
The good stuff:
I know this is what you are all waiting for… our super sweet discount offer! If you use our code ‘fitchicknextdoor15’ you will get $15 off a tray!
Giveaway ends 12/15/17. You MUST enter through the link to be counted. One winner will receive a $139 credit- and is open to USA, UK, Canada, and Australia residents. Good Luck!
For more information, please visit:
Here is your pin-able:
Do you own this product? Have you tried a whitening kit before?
Questions? Comment below!