Gigi Hadid x Maybelline, LA Colors, and more!
We are back with another new series… First Impressions!
We recently launched our first Heck Yeah or No Thank You post in which we discuss products we tried multiple times and give a final yes or no to. However, our first impressions posts are going to just be straight raw and honest. We’ll talk about packaging, products, and if we ever plan on using the products ever again.
Three of the items below are from our recent Sephora Sale splurge so we are excited to share our thoughts on those as well.
Also, there are only THREE days left to enter our Paula’s Choice giveaway below so make sure to enter! It’s a skincare game changer!
Disclaimer: Some of these products were received in PR packages. I was not asked to write a blog post on them. As always, our opinions are our own, honest opinions.
Gigi Hadid x Maybelline, LA Colors, and more:
1. Tartelette Toasted Palette: OH. My. Goodness! Tarte has done it again! As you may or may not know, ever since I purchased their ‘in the bloom’ palette I have become a huge fan of their shadows. I use the ‘in the bloom’ palette almost daily [in combination with my Laura Lee palette] and it’s like my two favorite palettes had a baby. Ah! I am so excited that the formula is the same and that the shadows seem to have the same pigmentation and blend-ability. I can’t wait to play around and create some looks but right now I am just in Tartelette toasted heaven!
2. Derma E Purifying Gel Cleanser and Purifying 2-in-1 Charcoal Mask: So before I dive in on these two I will say this: I prefer sheet masks and cleansing oils. With that being said I don’t hate these products but I honestly don’t see myself using the charcoal mask again or too often. The product did everything it said it would and my skin did feel refreshed after I got everything off however, it was messy and took me f-o-r-e-v-e-r to remove. The instructions say to “just wet your finger tips” but after five minutes I just stuck my face under the faucet and was there for another 3 to 5. The description says to leave the mask on for five minutes [which I did with a timer] and 3/4 of the mask was dry but there was some areas that were still wet when I started to remove it. Either way, it was just too messy. The gel cleanser I liked but like I said I prefer cleansing oils. I will however add this product into my shower face products rotation so I am happy to say I will be using it going forward. You know I love me some Derma E products so I’m glad I found a win in this box!
3. LA Colors Let It Glow Set: I don’t think I own many LA Colors products but I saw this little highlighter set at Rite Aid the other day and since it was $2.99 I grabbed it. So right off the bat, the packaging is odd. It comes in a little box with a open window so you can’t throw away the clear plastic cover or your makeup will just be chilling out in the open. [insert thinking face emoji] Anyways, the shimmers themselves are pretty, pigmented and very soft. The pan that says ‘high’ as part of the word highlighter is almost straight silver when you swatch it. I think that particular shade may be a bit too much for me but the rest are very pretty and pigmented for drugstore highlighters.
4. Sephora Favorites: Give Me More Lip: I feel like Sephora has been spying on me… seriously it’s like they hand picked these shades for me. First, I love that they included five full size lip products in this favorites box. Second, The shade range is out of control. They have everything from reds to pinks to nudes aka my comfort zone. My only negative is that the Touch in Sol lipstick’s product [on one side of the tube] was crammed all the way at the bottom which left half the tube empty. I know there was a whole thing with Kylie’s lip kits being half full and since then I’ve noticed most liquid lipsticks aren’t always full… but this literally has less than half a tube of product. Disappointing. My favorite formulas and shades from the box are: Huda beauty’s liquid matte in ‘bombshell’, Wander’s lipstick in ‘Nikki Beach’, Bobbi Brown lipstick in Brocade, Urban Decay’s lipstick in ‘Big Bang’… okay actually I like them all so my least favorites are the Hourglass lip in ‘Influencer’, Touch of Sol Metallic Liquid Foil Lipsticks, and the Marc Jacobs shade ‘Kiss Kiss Bang Bang’ [I like the formula just not the shade].
5. Gigi Hadid x Maybelline Lipsticks + Lipliner: So I only bought two of her red lipsticks [one in Austyn and one in Lani] and one Lipliner in Austyn because for drugstore her collab is pricey AF. I saw a bunch of reviews on the jet setter kit she made and honestly I saw it in personal and knew I wouldn’t love it. The highlighter and bronzer from that palette looked pretty but the way the packaging is set up makes it very hard to only get one of the products on your brush without the other. Okay, back to the lipsticks, so Austyn caught my eye because it looked very similar to one of my favorite shades ‘Hot Fire’ for DesixKaty Dose of Colors collab but after swatching side by side I realized nothing comes close to Hot Fire. With that being said, this is a pretty almost slightly more mellow and creamy alternate so I am happy with the color. The other shade I grabbed, Lani, is also very pretty and pigmented. It is a deeper red but perfect for the holidays. I am happy with both of lipsticks and the lipliner however I wish the collab pricing was more in line with their regular pricing for these products.
6. Sephora x House of Lashes Holiday Gem Set: Before I even received this set I knew I was going to love it because I purchased a similar case in the past however, I prefer the lashes in this set 100x more than the last ones it came with. I was running low on my House of Lashes glue so I’m glad I got a mini restock. These cases are perfect for traveling. It holds up to three pairs so I like to add a natural set of lashes, a medium set and a bold set of lashes.
7. First Aid Beauty’s Hello Fab Coconut Skin Smoothie Primer Moisturizer: This product I got as a deluxe sample and damn does it smell good. I honestly can’t believe how good it smells. It almost has a very lightweight lotion feel but I feel like it leaves a small glowy sheen which I love. I liked the way my foundation wore over it so I am glad to say I will be grabbing a bottle after I run out of the sample.
Swatches + more:
Enter our giveaway:
Here is your pin-able:
Do you own any of these products?
What do you think?