5 Easy Ways to Have a Successful Morning
How are we doing today beautiful humans? I have to admit, I have never really been a morning person [ask my alarm clock] but that doesn’t stop me from wanting to make the most of my day. Below are five easy ways to have a more successful morning. These steps are super easy and they make a world of difference in how your day could go each morning.
Before you go,
comment below and tell me
one thing you do to make the most of your morning!
5 Easy Ways to Have a Successful Morning:
1. Wake Up Earlier: Trust me, I am not a morning person. I firmly believe anything before 9am is a sin but in order for me to make the most out of each day, I am up no later than 7am [even on weekends]. Those few extra hours make a world of difference and will give you more time to breathe instead of rushing around or cramming things into your day. It will also give you some time to yourself in the morning. I like to start my day with a daily mantra, have some green tea and just chill for a few minutes before the madness begins and waking up early gives me those extra minutes.
2. Have a Morning Routine: Having a morning routine already sets you up for a successful day. It doesn’t have to be elaborate but having a routine sets the tone for each day and more than likely doesn’t stress you out [or you wouldn’t keep doing it]. So to break it down, it keeps you on track and makes your mornings stress-free.
3. Plan Out Your Day: You already know I love me some lists but if you aren’t a list person you can still plan out your day. Each morning, part of my morning routine is to see what I have going on for the day as well as the next two. I then make a list to prioritize what I have going on from most important to how long certain tasks take and if they need to be done at a certain time, etc. If you don’t want to make a list that is fine but take a look at your day so you will know how it flows and so you have a mental note of what you will need to get done. If you are a list person, one of my favorite apps is called ‘Do!’ it is a list builder.
4. Eat a Energizing Breakfast: I was going to say have a healthy breakfast but everyone has different nutrition plans and bodies so having a breakfast that is going to energize your day is all you need. Your body burns the most fuel aka food in the morning and throughout the day so starting your day off with the proper nutrition to power you through the day makes a ton of difference. I also like to carry ‘power’ snacks with me throughout the day so I never go hungry. They could be as simple as a piece of fruit, some kind of health bar, or sometimes I even car individual protein powder packets. I just add them to a water bottle, [or spare shaker bottle – they are always in my car] shake, and I have a quick protein-packed snack.
5. Make Your Bed: One thing I always do every morning is make my bed. Yes, it is part of my morning routine but I’ll tell you why it’s important. I make my bed as soon as I get up. 1. it ensures I won’t go back to bed and 2. it creates a more clean + organized environment and I don’t know about you [maybe I’m just weird] but organization and clean things makes me happy.
Bonus*: Get moving! I know that may sound silly but working out in the morning will help raise endorphins and majority of the time if you have a great workout, you won’t want to ruin your day by eating crap. It sets you up for a successful day, gives you more energy, and your body will thank you.
Here is your Pin-able:
Have a recommendation?
Comment below or tweet us at @FC_Nextdoor!