10 Tips For A Happier Life
How was your Labor Day Weekend?
Hit up any good sales? Attend any fun events?
I went car shopping and came home in my same car every freakin’ time
[UGH the struggle!]…
While I was out I was thinking about what I wanted to write about this week.
It dawned on me that I have actively been making an attempt to make myself happier lately
– hence the soul searching and positive vibes movement-
but seriously I have been really putting myself first and I have been feeling great.
So I wanted to share my thoughts with you guys today
in case you are also in need of a little pick-me-up
or if you are on your own little soul-searching journey like me.
Either way, I think you will love my list below
– or I hope so –
but let me know below in the comments
what is one thing you do daily to make your day a little brighter
or what you are struggling with lately.
10 Tips For a Happier Life:
- Start your day with a daily mantra: Wake up a bit earlier and give yourself an extra five minutes. Start your day off with a positive vibe. I requested and received this amazing book for my birthday which is called Find Your Happy. It’s 365 daily mantras for finding a peaceful, motivating and fulfilling life. It really makes me a bit happier to start my day off with a positive affirmation. Today’s mantra was “I release all worry. I celebrate what could go right.” Throughout my day I practice that thought and it makes my mind more positive. I love how a mantra could mean so many different things to each person and I highly recommend starting your day off with a positive mantra or even meditation. Focus on what you want to accomplish for that day whether it’s mentally or physically or emotionally and rock it out.
- Listen to music and zone out: Music and lyrics can be so moving. A lot of people choose music to help interpret what they are thinking or feeling. I love to zone out and fully indulge myself in the lyrics or the feeling behind the song. If I’m having a rough day a song can turn it around or lyrics can let you know you are not alone in your thoughts. If you listen to upbeat music it can pump up your mood or if you are working out maybe it will give you more motivation. A certain song may also be tied to a happy, loving memory which can boost your mood.
- Give a compliment: Giving someone else a compliment always makes me feel better about myself. Is that weird? No! I think it’s because I’m happier when I make someone else feel great. Does that make sense? I try to give out a few genuine compliments a day. I just love seeing people smile and everyone deserves to feel good about themselves.
- Take your lunch break: Do you really need to power through that hour of work or could it wait? On my breaks I like to go to a vacant parking lot and read. It sounds silly but being able to escape my work brain for an hour is heavenly. As you know I like to read uplifting books but sometimes it’s nice to dabble in a good novel. If you don’t want to read, simply go to a peaceful location and just be in the moment. It could be a local park or your favorite bench but just go and enjoy the surroundings. If the weather isn’t great, set your alarm, lock your car and take a little snooze. They say you are supposed to nap daily for at least 15 minutes to recharge so it’s okay to catch some Zzz’s.
- Eat Better: I know this one may seem silly, but when you eat like crap you feel like crap right? I’m not saying you can’t treat yourself occasionally but that doesn’t mean you get a double chocolate cake for yourself every night right? Anyways, when you eat better your body and energy levels are light-times better and mentally you are clearer and able to get more done as well.
- Surround Yourself with Like-Minds: They say when you are around people with the same goals and mindset, you can soar. I 1000% believe this to be true. When you are around negative people or negative energy it’s very easy to slip into a state of self loathing or harmful thoughts. When you are around people who are cheering for your success as much as their own it’s a lot more fun and uplifting. It’s also easier to succeed when you have people who truly care for you and want to help.
- Smile: This may seem odd but have you ever tried smiling while talking on the phone? It’s almost impossible to sound angry or be upset when you are smiling while talking. It makes you more cheerful and pleasant to talk to and others will see that. It may also make you feel more upbeat and well, happy.
- Take Up A New Hobby: As you know, I love being a semi-pro at life. There are a couple of hobbies I love learning about more than the others but I still love learning. It is always fun to learn something new so something as simple as making time for that DIY project that you have wanted to learn may be the key to making you a bit happier. If you are on a little soul-search journey and trying to switch paths, maybe start learning more about that new path. The internet is one of the greatest schools on the planet. There are so many talented people putting their work out there for you and majority of the time it’s free! So take advantage.
- Buy a planner or journal: Want to be more organized? Buy a planner! There are SO many different kinds available it’s scary. Erin Condren literally sells a life planner [and they are amazing]. If a planner isn’t your thing, maybe buy a journal. Often times writing about experiences can clear your mind and open up space for new, positive thoughts. It could also make you feel better. Had a bad day at work? Write a letter to that boss about how you really feel. That way you get it off your chest and you can move on to more important things [because after all you are a bad-ass with lots to do].
- Change is Good: Plan a vacation. Change your hair style. Get a new job. If you are stuck in a rut that is taking away from your happiness then it’s time for change. You are SO powerful. If you don’t know how to get out of your rut or don’t know where you want your life to go next then try a book like the Desire Map. Figure out what you want and go for it because nothing can stop you and you deserve to be happy!
Want even more tips? Like this post?
Check out our desk for a ton of other great posts!
Comment below and tell us what you want to see next week!