2016 Spring Beauty Favorites
This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them help support this website.
I know we recently talked about our Spring beauty favorites
but I wanted to do a summer post because in the summer
I like to use different products and I think you will enjoy this list.
I have recently tried so many great new products,
but below is the list of products that I have been using almost daily.
Favorite Summer Beauty Products:
1.Smashbox Primer Spray: In the summer I like my makeup to feel really light and I like to keep it to a min. The primer spray is refreshing and keeps my makeup in place. It is a spray but it doesn’t leave a sticky feel so my makeup goes on smooth and doesn’t get weighed down.
2.Hourglass Immaculate Foundation: I recently got about four or fives samples of this foundation from Sephora and I’m down to my last one. It is a liquid, mattifying formula and it left my skin feeling baby smooth and like I had no makeup on. I wore it this past weekend – which was the hottest, sweatiest ever – and the foundation did not budge. To say I was impressed is an understatement. I don’t sweat much but this weekend was out of control and I didn’t have to worry about a touch up which says a lot. It is a bit pricier than the normal foundations I use so if you are looking for a less costly foundation check out the L’Oreal one listed below.
3.City Color Bronzers: In the summer, I really love a beautiful dark tan. Since I work in an office and my sun time is limit, I’m forced to create the tan I want more than half the time. You all know I love me some Physicians Formula Bronzer but during a recent City Color haul I snagged two of their bronzers and have to say I’m pleasantly surprised. It’s hard to find bronzers I love that are drugstore that don’t have a ton of glitter or shimmer and these two have none! I picked up the colors Pecan Pie and Brown sugar. Also, you could use these two products for a great contour as well. Oh and if you want 10% off your next purchase make sure to use our code ‘FitChickNextDoor’!
4. Violet Voss x Laura Lee Palette: As you know I recently reviewed this palette. I absolutely love the colors in this palette for summer. They are warm and so pigmented and I think they look great [especially on sun kissed skin]! This palette might currently be sold out but they do have some other palettes for sale with similar colors.
5. Urban Decay Vice Lipsticks: UGH give me all the lipsticks. It’s funny for me to say that because I wasn’t a lipstick kind of gal until the last few years. I literally never wore anything on my lips – not even chapstick – so the fact I found lipsticks that I love is pretty incredible to me. These lipsticks are SO long lasting and worth the price. I rarely have to touch them up and they are very pigmented. If you combine them with the Lip Insurance I listed below, then you could eat a meal and not even have to worry about a touch up. I have tested this theory FYI! My favorite three colors are Gubby, Stark Naked and Psycho. You can peep the swatches here.
6. First Aid Beauty Products: I discovered First Air Beauty products a few months ago and have recently built myself a little army. I LOVE that their products are affordable and they are a great quality. My personal favorites: The Ultra Repair Cream, Facial Radiance Pads [so refreshing!], Facial Radiance Illuminating Moisturizer, Eye Duty Triple Remedy, and their Ultra Repair Lip Therapy [which is great for lips that are always in the sun].
7. Too Faced Lip Insurance Lip Primer: I recently talked about this primer in my top primers post but to say I’m in love is seriously an understatement. I use it daily. It keeps my lips in check whether I’m wearing a nude lipstick or a crazy bright lipstick. I seriously can’t say enough good things about this product. I think this would be great for summer because if you are running around and maybe getting a bit glowy this product will keep everything in place.
8. Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray: I recently – finally – purchased this spray a little while ago after hearing my friends rave about it. I love that it keeps my makeup in place while still highlighting my makeup. It doesn’t smudge any product and it dries pretty quickly. Overall, it is a keeper in my book and I wear it during the day or at night.
9. Tarte Lash Paint Mascara: I don’t think this mascara is water proof but it might as well be because it takes forever to remove! Just kidding – kinda – but I have worn this mascara in the pool and it does not run so I’m chalking it up to having water proof elements. It is great for summer because you don’t have to worry about it running or magically getting all over your face/under eyes.
10. Wet N Wild Brushes: Where do I even begin? I saw these new brushes about a month or two ago at a local drugstore. I picked up two shadow brushes and one powder brush and just went back to get more. They range from like one to three dollars and are super soft. They blend my shadows and powder so easily. I have used them every day since and if you happen to see these you need to pick them up because they are SO worth the couple bucks.
11. L’Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation: If you have been hanging with me for a while, you will know that my first and only true love is Clinique’s Even Better Foundation – 16 years strong! – but I have been mixing this beauty into the mix lately. I love that it is similar in formula and coverage and that it comes in a ton of shades. It is also light and feels like you are wearing minimal product.
12: Beauty Blender: If you are looking to apply your makeup and have it feel even lighter, then using a beauty blender to apply your foundation will make it a bit sheer without sacrificing the coverage. I also use them to apply my liquid highlighters which look perfect in the summer sun!
13. Wet N Wild ColorIcon Blushes: I believe I picked these up around the same time I grabbed the brushes. I picked up ‘Rose Champagne’ and ‘Pearlescent Pink’. I like that for a couple bucks they are very pigmented but without being chalky or too powder-y. The Pink blush is definitely more pigmented so you only need a very small amount but the Champagne color is more of a tinted highlighter. Either way a great find for only a few bucks.
14. Cetaphil Face Lotion: You know when you mom is like “did you put sunscreen on” well now you can say yes. I love this light weight face lotion [which has SPF!]. I put it on in the morning, let it sink in a bit, and it keeps my skin feeling hydrated – but not oily – all day. I think it is a great product to have but especially in the summer because of the sun.
15. Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water: I just bought this product very recently but I feel like it is a must-have for summer. I love that it removes my makeup SO easily – with one swipe – and it doesn’t leave my face oily. Ever since I started using it, I have received compliments about how great my complexion looks so I give props to this product.
Shop Our Favorites:
Here is your pin-able: