June 2016 Beauty Favorites
I just realized I haven’t done a strictly Beauty favorites post I think – ever.
I decided that going forward I am going to do monthly round up of my favorite products and I’ll tell you why I love them each so much.
If there are any products you want me to try comment below or if you want me to review a product please send me an email!
Here is our list of beauty favorites for June 2016:
- Milani Conceal + Perfect Foundation: I added this foundation to the list because ever since I bought it I keep grabbing it. I would say it is a medium to full coverage which is perfect for me. I love the smoothness in application and the color I picked (Sand Beige) is a great transition color from spring to summer. It is not too dark (for me) and you don’t need a ton of product. I love Milani in general but I am SO impressed with their foundation.
- Makeup Geek Shadows: I just jumped on this bandwagon and I am so happy I did. I grabbed the starter kit first and then went back for some single shadows. The shadows are so pigmented and I love that they blend really easy. I bought a couple of the foil shadows and they are FIERCE. If you can get your hands on the MannyMUA Makeup geek palette I would try that as well because I have heard very positive reviews. Overall the shadows are ah-maz-ing.
- Make Up Forever Step 1: YAS! I just got this a fews days ago and I have used it every day since. I added it to the list because I know I will be repurchasing this product again and again. It reminds me of Benefit’s POREfessional except it doesn’t make my skin oily throughout the day (which Benefit’s product can sometimes do). It is called a ‘skin equalizer’ and it is a Mattifying primer. Since I love a matte look – this is my jam. I am so in love and not just because it is new. They have a bunch of other primers for redness or dryness and with different finishes (besides the mattifying) so Make Up Forever literally has you covered. If you are not sure which primer is best for you pop into your local Ulta or Sephora and just ask!
- Rimmel Contour Kit in Golden Bronze: I bought this after watching one of my favorite YouTuber’s, Stephanie Ledda, do a date night tutorial with it. The dark contour color is phenominal for my summer tan and the blush is SO pretty. Both pack enough punch to last all day too which is awesome (especially for drugstore). I really haven’t tried the highlighter yet but have finally swatched it and I’m excited to try it.
- Maybelline FIT ME Matte + Poreless: I bought this product because like all the other products on this list I heard really great things. I am so beyond in love with this pressed powder (and I normall don’t get down with too many pressed powders). I personally will forever love my Laura Mercier powder (below) and I really haven’t found any products that come close to the feels I get from my Laura Mercier powder. I love this matte and poreless powder but especially for setting my under eyes after I apply my conclear. It makes my skin BABY SOFT. I kid you not. It makes my skin feel like butter. I got the pressed powder in the translucent color but I believe they have other colors available as well.
- Inglot Duraline: Guys, this product…I can’t handle. If you have ever had a makeup product dry up (like a gel liner or shadow pot) then all you need is one drop of this incredible product and it makes your makeup work like it is brand new! All you need is one drop – seriously – so it will last a long time but I will definitely repurchase this product whenever I run out.
- Sigma Brush Cleaning Mat: I was eyeing this mat for a while. I love Sigma brushes but I didn’t know if I wanted to spend $25 on a cleaning mat. I bought a travel cleaner from Sephora with a teeny-tiny mat which was amazing so I decided to splurge on Sigma’s mat. I am so happy I bought this mat. It cleans my brushes really well and gets into all the little nooks. I have used it several times since I bought it and I am very happy that I did.
- Benefit’s Hoola Zero Tanlines Body Bronzer: Yay for pre-summer tans! I have about 17 different self tanners and I have used this body bronzer about six times already. The sponge applicator combined with their swirl motion technique allows you to apply a super-smooth and line-free tan. I normally use sprays but after purchasing this bronzer I haven’t picked up a can. I also love that when it dries, it dries. Oh and it isn’t sticky!!
- Sephora Luminating Drops: I bought these babies about a month ago and I LOVE them. They are ultra-light and give the perfect glow. Sometimes I use them under my Becca highlighters and sometimes I use them alone. Either way I love the finish and glow they give. They currently have three different shades but my favorite is ‘Starlight pink’. If you are going for a bronze vibe then I recommend the ‘Ultralight bronze’ drops. Oh, also I apply them with my beauty blender for a nice even application.
- Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder: I love this product so much that I recently bought the travel size so I have it with me at all times…My skin is a comination of dry and oily so when I am on the go and feeling a little to shiny, I’ll dab a little on my face with a small travel brush. I can’t say enough good things about this product and I really haven’t found any setting powder that I love more. The closest I have come is the Fit Me powder (above) or the RCMA powder but overall this powder takes it every time.
- Tarte Airbrush Finish Foundation Brush: I saw this brush in the store, felt it, and decided it was mine. It was the softest brush I had ever felt (seriously). One day I was browsing on Amazon and saw it for $17 dollars. $17!! You could have knocked me over with a feather – I literally did not know what to do with myself. Normally they are around $30-ish (I think) so I instantly grabbed it and I’m so glad I did. I rotate this brush constantly with my Sigma Flat Top Kabuki brush for foundation application but I have more recently been grabbing this brush so it had to go on my June favorites list.
- MAC Fix Plus Spray: I recently added this spray to my dupes post but there really isn’t anything that compares. The closest spray I came across was the NYX spray but the Mac Fix Plus spray I use on errrythang. I use it on my brushes before applying foundation or to soften my gel liner brush. I use it on my shadow brushes with certain shadows so they really POP and I use it as a setting spray after I apply my full face. It is truly an overall great product.
- Josie Maran Vibrancy Foundation: I got this foundation as a Sephora sample and when I say smooth, I mean smooth. I don’t know what Josie puts in this magical bottle but this foundaiton is unlike any other I have ever tried. I have no problem applying just this foundation and walking out of the house. It is so, so unbelievable and comes in so many different shades. Her products are always great but this is my absolute favorite product from her collection.
- Luxie Tapered Highlighter Brush: I got this brush in my Ipsy bag a couple of months ago. I love Ipsy bags because they give a good variety of products and tools and they are good size products. I find a ton of my favorite products from my Ipsy bags so this should come as no suprise that I added this brush to the list. It is soft and light and is the perfect brush for applying my highlighter. I love using this brush with my Anastasia BH Glow Kit or my Becca Champagne Pop highlighter.
- Nivea Essentially Enriched Lotion: If you want overall perfect skin then go for Nivea’s Essentially Enriched lotion. I bought it after hearing Katy aka LustreLux talk about how her friend was wearing this lotion and it made her skin look flawless. So, I bought it and yes it actually does make your skin look flawless. I tend to have dry skin and never-ever want to wear lotion but this lotion I put on every other day now since I bought it two months ago.
Are any of these products your favorite? Are there any products we should try?
Comment below and tell us or tell us what you want to see next!