Behind The Blog: Q+A with Kara
Hey Little Babes!
How was your weekend? Do anything fun?
Mine was pretty calm – which I was totally fine with – since I needed some down time. While I was hanging around, I was thinking wouldn’t it be cool to do a Q+A for my readers? I know you all know me but do you really know me? Do I really know you? So I decided that I’m starting a new series today called ‘behind the blog’. I want you all to get to know me a little better and I want to learn more about YOU! Other parts of the series will include behind the scenes set ups, how I create posts, what tools/items I use and how I use them, etc.
For today’s part of the series I’ll answer some random questions but if you have any questions for me feel free to Tweet me or comment below. Oh and make sure you pick your favorite question from the list and tell me about yourself in the comments section below! Pretty please 😉
Let the Q+A begin!
1. Can you tell us a little about yourself and why you started your blog? As you all know my name is Kara and I am a lover of beauty, fashion, puppies, sarcasm, pretty things, and run on sentences. If you follow me on snapchat then you know all about my love of lip syncing (because – tone deaf). 😉 My nicknames are Lark, K-Lark, KK, Ka, and many more. I started this blog in July of 2013 as a hobby and to help people with their fitness journeys. I had just finished one of my first fitness shows and wanted to share my journey, recipes and workouts with the world! Little did I know it took a lot more than just posting some random posts but I’m still glad I started. I was nervous at first. Putting myself out there and having THE WORLD judge me? What was I thinking? But honestly my blog didn’t start actually getting reads until this past year or at least by more than my 20 friends aka THE WORLD. I decided last year that I really loved blogging and wanted to make it more than a hobby. I have put a lot of time and energy into making FCN what it is today. Sure, some days I think does anyone actually read my blog? Why am I doing this? Does anyone care what my favorite products are? But then someone will make a comment or ask a question and I remember why I love running this blog. Because of all of you <3
2. What is one thing you regret having done or not done in your life? Ah regrets. I’m one of those people that believes experiences happen so you can learn and grow from them. If I had any regrets, it would be to have started blogging earlier and to have learned a little more before just jumping in. One thing I want to do that I haven’t done: back packing through Europe. Random I know but I really want to.
3. What do you think you cook or bake the best? Oh! Since I meal prep every week I have mastered the art of broiling, baking, grilling and anything else you can do to chicken haha. If I had to pick, I make a mean, highly requested, skinny cannoli dip and a delish buffalo chicken pizza.
4. What are you favorite brands and shops? This question tho. Where do I begin? Favorite brands include: Topshop, Express, Lauren Conrad, BCBG, Nasty Gal, ASOS, Marc Jacobs, House of CB, Steve Madden, Michael Kors, and so many more. Favorite beauty brands include: Dr. Brandt, Make Up Forever, Urban Decay, Benefit, Too Faced, NARS, Becca, Mario Badescu, City Color, Kylie Cosmetics, Laura Mercier, Kat Von D, Anastasia Beverly Hills, MAC and so so many more.
5. What embarrasses you the most in front of other people? I’m pretty goofy so I don’t get embarrassed easily. I guess if I had something on my face or stuck in my teeth and no one told me that would be pretty embarrassing.
6. How do you stay current with what’s new or in style at the moment? My main answer to this I’ll answer in my guilty pleasure question below but I love seeing award show fashion, reading magazines, and reading other fashion blogs. I also like to pop into the mall and into younger stores like Forever 21 to see what they have going on.
7. If you had to choose one thing you were most passionate about, what would it be and why? Just one? Um I would say fitness because I love being healthy or blogging. I can’t choose! Sorry!
8. Who do you look up to the most, and what qualities do you love about that person? My parents, brother, boyfriend and my best friends. My parents are such hard workers. They raised my brother and me to be hard workers, loving and respectful. My boyfriend is the epitome of a really, really great guy. He will do anything for the people he loves and treats me like a princess. My best friends Ashley, Amanda, Brianna and Ciara. I have grown up with them tremendously. They make me a better person and are so thoughtful and beautiful. They are the sisters I never had.
9. What’s under your bed? Clothes obviously. Well bins of workout clothes.
10. Have you ever prank called someone? YAS. In high school though – I don’t think I have since then. It was fun. Oops.
11. Who is knows you the best? Probably Ciara. She knows way too much about me.
12. What would be your perfect day? Plan it out from breakfast to bedtime. Okay. So ready for this question. Wake up, eat breakfast, watch some tv, work on the blog, workout, hang with my boyfriend and friends, eat lunch, play with some puppies, nap, work on the blog, eat dinner, organize/20 minute rule, sleeeeeep.
13. Have you ever won anything? Big or small? Nothing big enough to claim. Working on that though!
14. Where do you want to travel? As I said earlier, back packing through Europe would be my number one. I really want to visit Bora Bora, Cabo, St Maarten, basically anywhere warm and sunny.
15. If you could buy one material thing, and money was not an issue, what would it be? Does a Big beautiful house count? Actually a mansion. If not, then basically the entire Sephora store.
16. What’s one thing most people don’t know about you? I like to think I’m really thoughtful. I put a lot of heart and soul into everything I do. Some of my friends joke that I am borderline OCD because I’m very detailed but I like to think of it as being extra thoughtful. 😉
17. What food will you absolutely not, under any circumstances, eat? AH. Tomatoes. Ew. I can’t even touch them.
18. What’s your biggest fear? Someone breaking into my home or anyone I love getting hurt.
19. What camera do you use? Canon EOS Rebel SL1. The SL1 has a slightly smaller grip for old tiny hands here.
20. What is the most important memory you have and why? My entire childhood and high school. Middle school was awkward and annoying but I loved growing up on my block with my neighbors and in high school meeting all my friends and playing sports.
21. What do you do when no one else is around? Eat fro-yo out of the pint. Obvi. I also dance when I clean. Multitasking.
22. Which famous person would you like to be BFFs with? Easy – Lauren Conrad or Chelsea Houska. I’m 95% sure Lauren Conrad and I are the same person and Chelsea is so funny and beautiful.
23. What is your guilty pleasure? Gossip sites. Yes – I know. Sad but true. I love Perez Hilton and Blind Gossip. Perez helps me catch up on the latest trends and well gossip. Blind Gossip almost turns it into a guessing game.
24. Where do you find inspiration for your posts? From my life honestly. If I buy a new product I’m really excited about and want to share or if I find one that isn’t worth it I want to let my readers know. I like to keep up to date with trends and try new things. I love to help my readers with their careers, being organized, reducing stress and just living overall healthy lifestyles. I like to let them know what has worked for me and what doesn’t so they don’t make similar mistakes.
25. What’s one thing you would do over if you could? Start blogging earlier or done a little more research on Pinterest. Other bloggers post about their experiences and have really great advice for newbies. I also would have started doing fitness competitions earlier.
26. Is blogging your main job? Blogging is currently my side piece. I would love to go full time one day. For now, I would consider it my part time job but I actually work in the aviation industry specifically with private jets.
27. What is the best advice you have ever received and the best advice you have to give? I love questions like this. The best advice I ever received would probably be: Breathe. Don’t make decisions when you are angry or speak out of anger. The best advice I have to give would probably be: If you don’t ask for what you want, you will never get it.
28. How many times have you dyed your hair and what is your favorite color? Lawd. I have been blonde, brunette, ombre blonde, dark brown, and red. My favorite color is red (which is my current) and my natural hair is a chestnut color.
29. What are your hobbies? I’m a AAPTE certified personal trainer and I’ve talked a ton about healthy lifestyle so the obvious is anything fitness related, I love sports and run a field hockey league. I love brunch with friends, reading, and playing with my pups.
30. How do you manage your time and stay so organized? I did a couple blog posts on this but my latest was 10 ways to be more productive. I like to think I stick to those 10 tips.
Thanks for joining me today. I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little better but now I want to hear from you!
Pick a question or two and tell me about yourself in the comments below.
Answer your favorite question below about yourself!
More questions for me? Comment below!