Gym Bag Essentials 2016
This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them help support this website.
Are you ready for the New Year? I am!
I always love this time of year because it feels like a fresh start or a clean slate for what’s to come.
This is the time when I like to donate old clothes or gear and grab some new fresh pieces.
As a trainer, the end of the year is the time when a lot of people join or rejoin gyms.
For those who are new to gym life, here are my personal favorites or must-haves.
Here is a list of our Gym Essentials:
- Water bottles: My top is always the VS water bottles (pictured above) but I saw these cute ones too: Kate Spade or Bobble Water.
- Sneakers: Since 09′ I have been favoring everything Nike. I’m loving these Nike Flyknit Sneakers (pictured above). Also love the Dual Fusion series or cross training series.
- iPod: Our current iPod is the iPod Nano but they come in all different sizes and price ranges. Pictured above is the red nano.
- Headphones or Earbuds: iPods come with some awesome earbuds ($12) or I like the Beats Studio Wireless headphones (pictured above).
- Cute Gym Clothes (T-shirt, Yoga Pants, Sports Bra, Socks, Etc): I shop at Target, Kohls and Old Navy for my workout clothes. My current favorites: Old Navy Mesh Leggings, Old Navy Mesh-Panel Compression Crops, Galaxy Print Leggings (pictured above), Namawear Long Ombre Yoga Pants, Calvin Klein sports bra (pictured above), ‘Barre so Hard’ tank (pictured above), Nike Gym Racerback. They also have some cute tanks here on amazon.
- Gym bag: We prefer the VS duffle bags (when they are in stock), but if not this Muddy Girl Duffle will do (pictured above).
- A Gym Lock: You can get these on amazon for $6 bucks and up.
- Body Spray: I don’t recommend going heavy on the perfume before a workout, but a quick mist or spritz will do. I prefer VS sprays with ‘Noir Tease’ being my favorite.
- Hair ties + Headbands: You can find all different sizes and styles, the ones pictured above are from Wrapables in the color ‘ice’ starting at $3.95+. I also started wearing some headbands. Pictured above is Under Armour’s Boho Headband.
- Deodorant: Degree Sexy Intrigue is my favorite. I also like this lavender one from Secret.
- Protein Bars/Snacks: I usually keep one or two in my bag in case I forget a shake or don’t plan on going home to eat after my workout. My tops are: Quest, Power Crunch, and Combat Crunch.
- Fitness Sliders or Discs: These discs are new-ish to my workouts. I like to have them in my bag along with my jump rope because you can use them for abs/core/lower body and they work great.
- Shakes + Individual Protein Packets: I like to carry individual shakes or packets with me so I can get in some quick protein after my workouts (if I don’t head home to eat). You can get shaker bottles at any Vitamin Shoppe, GNC, or select drugstores (avg $6-7). For Individual Protein Shakes + Powder packets I prefer Lean Body, Quest or MET-Rx.
Here is your pin-able:
What do you plan to do different this new year?
How did we do? What is your favorite from this list?
Comment below and let us know
or tag us in your pics with your new gear on social media with the hashtag #FCnextdoor!