I can’t believe August is over already – aw, tear – since September just getting started and since we write to you on Tuesdays, I’m giving you my September In & Out trends of what I’m looking forward to in the upcoming months and what things I am kinda well, just over (at least for the season).
We are linking up with our beautiful friend Chelsie over at Life with Rosie as part of her In & Out August Link up but make sure you check out Ashley and Emilie’s too. They each have their own list so feel free to take a stroll over to their pages later on.
Are you ready?
- Kenra Thermal Spray: To say I’ve recently become obsessed with this thermal spray is an understatement. Ever since I changed up my hair color (more on that later), I cannot get enough of this product/brand. In the past I used TREsemme’s thermal spray here and there because I heard you should use a thermal spray but Kenra’s thermal wipes the floor with TREsemme’s. Granted, it costs more but it is so worth the extra bucks. It protects my hair from the heat and makes my hair so incredibly soft and shiny. I’m sure you’ll hear more about this product later. 😉
- Maroon-ish Everything: I cannot get enough of these deep colors. I know just saying Maroon isn’t really giving you a full understanding of what I’m loving, so here are some of my favorites for fall: NARS Audacious Lipstick in color: Rich Berry (featured in our #FridayFeels: Lips post), Steve Madden Suede Pointy Toe Pump in color: Wine, Amanda Sleeveless Dip Back Dress in color: Berry, AE High Neck Top in color: Maroon Lagoon, Danielle Earrings in color: Maroon Jade, and one shout out to my upcoming plaid collection – thanks Lexi – Old Navy’s Classic Plaid Flannel Shirt in color: Maroon.
- Bomber Jackets: I don’t know if this is a current trend but I think it’s an adorable classic that I can’t wait to try out. I’m crushing on Forever 21’s Marled Colorblock Bomber Jacket. I bought one in Cream/Heather Grey. It’s so comfy and light for the fall and goes with pretty much everything – oh – and it’s only $16.
- Red Hair: For those who know me, they know I’ve been pretty much blonde since 07′ with the occasional natural brunette look in between. I decided to switch it up three weeks ago and go red. I’ve wanted to go red for some time now and finally just went for it. I can honestly say that I am still getting tons of compliments on the color three weeks later so I think it’s my favorite look ever. Maybe it has something to do with my maroon fever or girl crush on Chelsea Houska I don’t know but either way, I can almost guarantee I’m never going back to blonde.
- Gel Eyeliner: I was big on my Stila smudge pot for a while – probably about a year ago – but I recently started to go back to gel liners. I still love liquid liners and use my Estee Lauder pencil liner daily but lately I’ve been favoring my Cailyn gel liner and NYX gel liner.
- Grey Bags: Guys, I am loving grey right now. I don’t know what is going on with me because I’m usually more of a nude/neutral girl but this Marc Jacobs bucket bag is everything. On the same note, bucket bags? I don’t know why but they are another new favorite. I guess I am just over big bags – for now – I’m sure that will change but how cute right?
- Oversized Lashes: I have been going for a more natural look recently so doubled lashes or big lashes are out for me. If you want a lash recommendation, I love Ardell, especially the natural demi wispies, 120 demi‘s, wispies or lacies.
- Damaged Hair: I have used Paul Mitchell’s Super Skinny Serum since I was in 9th grade (and still love it), but I have been using OGX Weightless Coconut oil mist and OGX Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil with my new color treated hair and think it works better. Either way, damaged hair is just not a good look so maintain that mane.
- Brow Pencils: My world has been turned upside down ever since I started using brow powder. I still carry the pencil with me like a safety blanket (since I have about three hairs on each eye brow, thanks to a terrible first time wax job in 7th grade – they have never grown back in) but the powder looks more natural and not as harsh. I have the Anastasia Dipbrow, Anastasia Brow Wiz pencil, Tarte Amazonian Clay Pencil, and the Anastasia Brow Powder Duo. Want to know what I use every day instead? The Wet N’ Wild Ultimate Brow Kit with my Sigma Brow Brush. Yup the $4 brow kit beats out the $20+ products I own. Amazing.
- Floral Maxi’s: I’m just over floral right now. There I said it. I loved them in the summer but now that it’s fall I’m ready to pack them away and move on to my love-fest with dark, rich colors.
- Big Necklaces: Don’t get me wrong, I still have a ton of statement necklaces in my closet that may make an appearance occasionally but right now I’m all about the long, simple necklaces like Express’s Drop Stone or Panacea’s Long Pendant or the Jules Smith Triple Stand.
- Awkward Round Sunglasses: I’m sorry but I just don’t think they are very pretty. In my book they have been out since they started. Maybe one day we will try and actually like but for now, they are out. We prefer Marc’s 57MM sunnies or Ray-Ban’s Iconic Cats 5000.
How did we do?
What is your new favorite? What are you totally over?
Comment below and tell me.
Are you following us? Make sure you check us out on social media!