Can you believe it’s almost October already? I know I can’t.
I’m diving head first into fall and I’m ready to share my list of what’s in and what is so out.
We are linking up with our beautiful friend Chelsie over at Life with Rosie as part of her In & Out September Link up so feel free to take a stroll over to her page later on.
Are you ready?
I was going to add maroon to my Out list this month – to see if you all were paying attention – but then I was all like “I can’t do that to my friends they will know I’m lying” (and we know girlfriend doesn’t lie).
I mean, you guys know that I’m obsessed.
- ColourPop Cosmetics: Yes, I jumped on the wagon but for a good reason! Their shadows are incredible (that’s my new favorite word BTW). I just got three of their shadows in the mail – literally yesterday – and I’m already obsessing half a day later. They are SO pigmented and the color selection is wild. My friends are fans of their lippie sticks – which of course I will have to try – but in the meantime I’m loving their shadows. I have Super Shock Shadows in Bae, Rex and Game Face.
- Colored Moto Jackets: Totally ready to up my badass game with one of these moto jackets. I know moto jackets have been around forever but I recently saw some in several different colors and decided I had to have one. My favorites are New York & Co’s Amplified Blue Jacket (pictured above), Forever 21’s Burgundy Jacket, Lauren Conrad’s Moto Jacket and Calvin Klein’s Faux Leather Moto.
- Quilted Bags: At first I didn’t know how I felt about this look but now I’m loving it. I first saw the quilted pattern on every single Betsy Johnson bag these last few months and I’m glad Vera, Marc, Michael and Rebecca (pictured above) picked up the trend too. If you don’t want to spend a couple bucks, Forever 21 has this great burgundy crossbody for $20 bucks.
- Flyknit Sneakers: I’m always on the hunt for a pair of new gym kicks – because I go through mine every 6 months – these Flyknits are light and comfy. Plus they come in cool colors like Lava/Fuchs, Yellow, Blue (pictured above), and Turq/Prsn. If you are looking for a pair that doesn’t break the bank, my other favorites are the Dual Fusion line from Nike.
- Pink Cheeks: “Flushed” Cheeks are in right now – according to the beauty industry – but I have always like a hint of pink on my cheeks anyway. My favorite blushes for Pink cheeks are: NARS Orgasm, Benefit’s CORAlista, Too Faced Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush (pictured above), NYX Baked blush, and Milani baked blushes (remember our Tuesday Two?) Yup – still loving the baked goods.
- Turtlenecks: I know, I’m actually surprised I like this look too. Who am I? It’s not my first go-to look but I added a piece to my collection recently and I’m starting to fall for it. I don’t know what is happening to me between the grey and the maroon and now my style is evolving – Aw growing up – but I’m glad you are coming along for the ride with me. New favorites: Free People Drippy Rib Tank (pictured above), JCPenny Sleeveless Turtleneck Dress, Norma Kamali Turtleneck Dress, and Lanston’s Turtleneck Tank.
- Flash Tattoos: I don’t know why but I was never a big fan of these to begin with so it’s easy for me to count them out now. If anything, I think they were more of a summer fling but hopefully everyone has moved on by now. However, I am a fan of Henna tattoos if you are looking for something temporary.
- Bright Red Lipstick: Bright Red lips were very popular this past spring but now I’m moving onto berry lips and darker colors. My fall faves are: Milani in Sangria, MAC Lipmix in Burgundy, NYX Butter Lipsticks, Make Up Forever Lipstick in Pearly Dark Brown, and Urban Decay Lipsticks. If you are new to darker lips, start out with Milani’s collection. They are good quality and only $5-7.
- Ombre Hair: Let me start out by apologizing if you currently have ombre hair. Please know that I still love you but I think it’s time to move on to a single color look for fall. Maybe it’s because I went from ombre blonde to single red – I don’t know – but I feel like ombre should be left in the summer. Sorry beauts.
- Dry Skin: UGH. Nobody likes dry skin. I keep my skin hydrated with L’Occitane’s Shea Butter Hand Cream, Estee Lauder’s Night Wear Plus, Ponds Anti-Wrinkle Cream and Body Shop’s Cocoa Butter Scrub (to remove dead skin). The change in seasons always has my skin feelin’ blah so I make sure to use at least one or two of these babies once a day (if not twice). Oh – btw – if I ever get too pricey with my picks, let me know and I’ll create some simple swap guides!
- Overpriced Shoes: I refuse to spend over a certain amount on shoes. I just don’t think most are worth the price with maybe the exception of boots, but regardless I can’t stand overpriced items especially when you can get an almost identical item for less than half the cost. For example, let’s do a little mini Simple Swap: Shoe Edition quick: Juliana Schutz Caged Sandals $190 v Steve Madden ‘Slithur’ Sandal $109 (just bought these this past weekend – make sure you check our IG for pictures coming soon!), Chloe Scallop Flats $475 v Lauren Conrad’s Scalloped Ballet Flats $39 (and I like Lauren’s better!), Celeste Suede Pointed Pumps $179.99 v Forever 21 Pointed Faux Suede Pumps $29.90 (whatttt), Jessica Simpson Gannan Platform Booties $149 v Qupid’s Puffin-70 Boot $49, and last Stuart Weitzman’s Reserve Boot $665 v Jessica Simpson’s Joline Knee High Boots $59.99 (we had to give her some redemption – J. Simps prices are usually great). See what I’m talking about? I mean I just don’t understand it – and – if I bought shoes over $150 I think they should massage my feet while I walk. Just sayin’.
- Wide Leg Trousers: Unless you are Kourtney Kardashian with the worlds hottest mom-bod, then I don’t think wide legs are okay on anyone who has curves (aka me). I mean if I walked down the street in wide leg pants I just feel like people would start calling me Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy cause my legs would look like trunks. I prefer flares since they are more flattering and give your legs some shape. My favorite flares are listed here in my Tuesday Two post.
Shop Our Faves:
How did we do?
What is your new favorite? What are you totally over?
Want more In + Out lists?
Comment below and tell me.
Are you following us? Make sure you check us out on social media!