Weekend Wrap Up: Birthday Celebration
This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them help support this website.
I just finished celebrating my 28th birthday and had the best weekend.
I was surrounded by the best boyfriend, family and friends a girl could ever ask for so how could it be anything short of amazing?
The weather was perfect – which it usually pours – and I was off from work yesterday (score!)
Oh, and did I mention I got some kick-ass birthday gifts?
Well I did.
It’s probably because I make a list of little and big gift ideas and give it to my boyfriend and mom so they don’t have that awkward what-should-I-get-her-do-you-think-she-will-like-this question session.
Some may say that is silly but I put gifts in all different price ranges and I think it really helps – plus it avoids gift returns.
So what did I get?
Here are SOME of my favorite gifts.
Note: I really loved ALL of my gifts but I didn’t want to bombard you with pictures or seem like I was boasting.
2. Clarisonic Deep Pore Cleansing Brush: I needed a new replacement brush head and I wanted to try the deep pore brush because I have heard great things.
4. Sephora Giftcard: I know some may think giftcards are impersonal but I really love them because usually I forget something that I needed on my list. I will never turn away giftcards from Sephora, VS or Target.
5. Smashbox Try It Kit: This gift and the giftcard came as part of a larger gift from my cousins – Hi Ciara, Ryan and Meg! – and I love anything Smashbox so I’m excited to try the 24 hr primer. I’m also excited that one of my top mascara‘s has now been restocked in my collection.
6. Sephora Kiss Me Balm: I’ve never tried this before but my cousins got me this little gem as well. Such a soft texture and great smell. I am so in love that I already added it to this weeks #TuesdayTwo.
7. Jansport Backpack in Coral Peaches: I don’t know why but I have had this need for a backpack lately so my dream came true ;). How fetch is that color?
9. You Me and Tea: I got these teas when we went out to the little town on the island this weekend. I love tea and these smelled so good I picked up some as a little gift to myself.
10. Sigma Essentials Brush Kit + F80 FKabuki Brush: My boyfriend is a hero. He went and got me the Sigma brushes I have wanted for a long time. I have a few random Sigma brushes but now I have all I could need. I haven’t found brushes that I liked more than these so I was overjoyed when I got them.
11. SkinnyTaste Cookbook: I love looking at recipes online – especially Skinnytaste – I heard great things about the cookbook so I am hoping this will make me create some tasty treats for my loves in the near future.
12. My Passport Portable External Hard Drive: Since I create a lot of videos for my YouTube channel and take a ton of pictures – because, well, girlfriend loves memories – I needed a little extra space so my computer didn’t get backed up.
13. Clothes and Shoes: I got a ton of clothes and shoes – thanks to my mama! – because I desperately needed some new items for work and just life in general. I also got some adorable VS sport gear from my cousins.
Shop My Birthday Clothes:
Aside from the gifts, my birthday was truly amazing because of the people involved.
On Saturday, My boyfriend and I went out to a town on the island called Port Jeff and grabbed lunch.
On Saturday night we went out to Hibachi for dinner and some bars with everyone.
My best friend from college, Amanda, came down to surprise me.
My family and friends all came out to celebrate and the love was endless.
I just wanted to share a quick thank you note to all of them for everything they did for me this weekend – and always do.
I love you guys.
Do you own any of these gifts?
Comment below and tell us your favorite birthday gift you ever got.
Talk to us on Social Media!