Summer Fashion Trends 2015: Our Top Must-Haves
This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them help support this website.
I hope you are ready for something new this week because we are talking
Eek – I am so excited.
As you may have read on my about me page, my love for all things beauty and fashion has grown substantially over the years.
That is why I have decided to round up my personal favorite picks for this summer so you can stay extra trendy.
From beautiful dresses to fierce sandals to colorful bikinis – let’s just say –
I got you covered.
1. Kimono’s + Aztec Print: I had to make this combo my first pick because I’m obsessing over (all these trends) but especially prints – specifically Aztec. I love the different bold colors and prints they have been showing lately and I think they look great on bikinis, dresses, bags – you name it. I love the Kimono look because most of them are very light and are good for a summer cover up on a late night.
Pictured: Rose Multi Aztec Print Woven Kimono
2. BIG Sunglasses: I love a pair of aviators (especially Ray-Ban’s Blue Mirror Aviators) but I was just really crushing on these square sunnies from Marc Jacobs. I mean how bad-ass do these look? I love that they give a little more attitude than the average.
Pictured: Marc by Marc Jacobs 57mm Sunglasses
3. Shirtdresses: Hello – um – talk about best of both worlds. Shirtdresses are very comfortable and versatile. You can dress them up or down for any occasion so they are a win in our book.
Pictured: White House Black Market Sleeveless Midi Shirtdress
4. Rose Gold Bangles: The rose gold look is still on the rise and this pretty bangle is always okay with us. Bangles are classic and can be easily stacked.
Pictured: Givenchy Rose Gold-Tone Glass Stone Thin Bangle Bracelet
5. Rompers: Rompers in the summer are my go-to. They are sweet, easy to wear, dressier than a pair of shorts and are just adorable. Pair these with some sandals and you are ready to partyyyy.
Pictured: LC Lauren Conrad Print Pintuck Romper
6. Sandals: I cant get enough of these! I am so glad platforms are making a comeback because they are SO comfortable (I can wear the pair pictured above ALL day long) and they can be paired with almost any maxi dress, romper, or shirtdress (and more).
Pictured: Steve Madden “Livvie” Platform Sandal
7. Strappy Bikinis: Strappy and cut out bikinis/bras have become very popular. I personally love the bright colors and all the different styles. They are flirty and super-sexy all at once.
Pictured: Zambia Neon Contrast Strap Bikini
8. Cuff Bracelets: I am a big fan of these little babies. They are slender, classy and can instantly dress up a summer look. I also love the X Statement Cuff, Orbit Cuff Rings and Arrow Cuff Bracelet
Pictured: Kate Spade New York ‘North Court’ Hinged Skinny Cuff
9. Florals: We don’t discriminate against small or large florals. Both are really sassy! The new floral prints are fresh, casual and chic looking.
Pictured: Jessica Simpson Floral-Print Blouson Maxi Dress
10. Yellow-ish Nail Polish: I have been searching all over for a cool, yellow nail polish lately. I just tried the new Chillato nail color from Essie and it is perfection! I will be rocking this color this summer.
Pictured: Essie Nail Color in Chillato
11. Lacey Crops: Yes Please. I love lace in general but this top is a little bit wild and fun with a hint of glam. Crop tops are in right now and you can’t go wrong with this cute lacy version.
Pictured: Glamorous Just In Lace Crop Top
12: Crossbody bags: These bags are great for summer because they are compact but can still fit all your favorite goodies. Plus they come in pretty much every color you can think of.
Pictured: Michael by Michael Kors ‘Large Jet Set’ Saffiano Leather Crossbody Bag in Tile Blue
13. Layered Necklaces: Occasionally I will wear BIG and edgy jewelry but – honestly – simple and clean is really my thing. Especially with necklaces. Layered necklaces give a little more than just a simple pendant and still make a statement.
Pictured: Jules Smith Triple Strand Charm Necklace
14. Strappy Sandals: I love the delicate straps on some of these sandals. They give a little flair to a simple look and are a great addition to any collection.
Pictured: Schutz Juliana Caged Sandals
15. Vibrant, Bright Colors: I love pops of color whether it is on a dress, a bag, jewelry, heels, whatever. It works. It shows you aren’t afraid to step outside the box.
Pictured: Michael by Michael Kors ‘Large Jet Set’ East/West Saffiano Crossbody Bag in Raspberry