Happy Tuesday 🙂
I know we just posted recently about our Makeup + Beauty Must-Haves for Summer 2015 but we need to add some products to the list! We had to share this beauty review because we are head-over-heels in LOVE our July Ipsy bag!
*For those of you who aren’t familiar with Ipsy, it is a company that allows you to subscribe and receive one glam bag each month with 4 to 5 deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products for only $10 (a month). Each glam bag is customized for each individual through a beauty quiz.
Here is a look at this months Glam Bag:
- Nicka k New York Eye Shadow Quad in “NY075 Sierra”: I love trying new eye shadows. Shadow quads are great for on the go because they are compact and cover several different shades. The shadows in this quad have a good pigment to them and they are very pretty neutrals. They have a little more shimmer than normal so I would blend them with a matte shadow. I will be adding this quad to my Travel Makeup Bag.
- Color City HD Powder: As if I wasn’t already obsessed with this brand, now I have more of a reason to love them. This HD powder is great, light weight and works. Oh, and the price is unbeatable (all of their prices are great BTW). Thinking of doing a Color City YouTube Video Haul. What do you think? Yes?! Comment below and let me know what you would like me to try out!
- Eva-NYC Freshen Up Dry Shampoo: I must admit, I’m in the dry-shampoo club since I am a frequent gym go-er and can’t wash my hair every day (because it will dry it out). You can’t go wrong with a dry shampoo, my previous favorite was Not Your Mothers Dry Shampoo and TREsemme‘s but this Eva product might really take the top spot.
- Teeez Read My Lips Lipstick in “Killing Me Softly”: Not going to lie, at first – just looking at this product I really wasn’t a fan of the color. I’m picky with my lip products and usually go with a pink-er or nude tone. This lipstick looked too orange for me BUT I did try it and I have to say I’m pleasantly surprised. It really wasn’t as orange as I thought and it was a nice blend of pink and orange so it wasn’t too aggressive. Also, the texture is SUPER smooth and soft which I liked better than most normal lipstick textures (which I was also surprised about).
- Lulu Blossom Lip Balm in “Raspberry Lemonade”: First, the smell of this lip balm…OMG… so-fricken-yummy. The color/tint is clear so it’s really about the smell. The texture wasn’t great for a lip balm though, it was a little rougher than the average. Overall, okay product with a amazing smell.
My favorite products that I have received range from eye shadows, brushes, eye liners, lip products, blushes, mascaras, eye lashes and more. Some of my favorite products I have ever received from Ipsy are: Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion sample, Be A Bombshell Quads (featured in my Summer 2015 Must-Haves), Color City Be Matte Blush in “Fresh Melon”, St Tropez Gradual Tan Face Lotion, Crown Pro Blending Brush + Infinity Shadow Brush, NYX Lip products, Fig & Rouge Hand Cream, Marc Anthony Morocco Argan Oil Hairspray, Temptu Highlighter, Tarte 4-in-1 Mascara, and my Luxie Tapered Blending Brush.
I would easily add the Nicka K Shadow Quad, Color City HD Powder and (surprisingly) Teeez Lipstick to my Travel Bag.
What would you add to your bag?
Also, what Color City products you would like me to test in the haul?
Comment below or send us love on social media!