Our Makeup + Beauty Must-Haves:
Summer 2015 Edition
It’s been a while since we shared our favorite makeup + beauty must-haves.
We thought we would kick off this summer by sharing a list of our current favorites.
Okay, Let’s get started:
- NYX Lip Products: Butter Lipstick, Butter Gloss, Butter Lip Balm and Soft Matte Lip Cream: I can’t get enough of these babies. The colors are so fierce and the product formula isn’t super greasy or too overpowering. They are great for summer because they are light and the color lasts a long time.
- NARS Blush in Orgasm: I know this product has been around for a while and has made a ton of favorites lists but I had to add it to mine. The shimmer is so pretty and goes great on a “Natural” summer look.
- Color City Desert Treasures Bronzer in “Heatwave”: I love that this product gives your beautiful tan a nice glow. It is a very color-rich formula so you only need a tiny amount but it looks great on a sunkissed face.
- St Tropez Gradual Tan Anti-Ageing Face Lotion: I like to use this in the summer because it helps keep my face balanced and those killer sunglass tan-lines in check!
- NYX Liquid Illuminator in “Gleam”: I use this illuminator with my go-to sun-kissed summer look. Like the Color City Desert Bronzer, you only need a small amount and it lasts all day.
- Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in “Soft Brown”: In the summer, I like to make sure my brows are always in place. Since I have about three hairs on each brow (due to a traumatic waxing in 7th grade), I use this pomade over my brow powder to hold it all together.
- Color City Be Matte Blush in “Fresh Melon”: This might be my all time favorite blush in general (not just for the summer) and it is so cheap! The Fresh Melon color gives you a hint of a pink cheek that is not too much but is also just enough. I also love this product in shades: Blood Orange, Dragonfruit, Pink Grapefruit and Guava.
- Physicians Formula Multi-Colored Bronzer: This is the only bronzer I have found that can keep up with my summer tan and doesn’t wash me out. I don’t get as dark as I used to since I work in an office but I get a decent amount of color and this product is always handy.
- Marc Anthony Beach Waves Beach Spray: This pocket-size spray is great for a day at the beach! I love that I can get beachy waves in just minutes with a few quick sprays.
- Freeman Facial Enzyme Mask in “Pineapple”: The Freeman masks are great and I love the smell of this pineapple mask. I use this about once a week in the summer.
- OGX Coconut Oil Spray: I use this spray to keep my hair hydrated year round and especially in the summer. The heat and salt-water can really do a number on your hair so I make sure I spritz this on my ends daily.
- Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion: Are you ready for this statement I am about to make? This is my all-time favorite product ever. Yup, I just went there. I use this twice a week to remove any dead skin and keep my face feeling fresh. It makes my skin unbelievably soft and it smells like lemon too. If this product is too pricey for your budget, my dupe recommendation would be Boots No7 Total Renewal Microdermabrasion for $18 bucks (but it doesn’t smell like lemon and the formula isn’t as strong)
- L’Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder in shade “326 True Beige”: I use this liquid powder all – the – time. You all know I LOVE my Clinique foundation but this powder is absolutely magical. No false advertising here. It is so light-weight and great for a quick coverup. I use it before the gym or if I am running errands.
- Benefit The Porefessional: I know I said I love all these products, but this one was just not created equally. It has been my go-to primer for about a year. I have one HUGE pore right by my nose on my left cheek that drives me nuts and this badboy covers her up no problem. It’s simply a must-have for your makeup collection.
- MAC Prep + Prime Highlighter Pen in “Light Boost”: To complete my sun-kissed look, you need this product. It lights up your face and eyes like nothing else. I use a little on my forehead, nose, under my eyes, upper lip and chin. It’s a game-changer people.
- Urban Decay Vice3 Palette (Limited Edition): If you can still get your hands on this palette, then do it. The colors are so pigmented and the shades work really well my summer wardrobe (so far at least).
- Be a Bombshell Eye Shadow Quads: I came across this brand in one of my Ipsy bags and it was such a great find I went online and ordered more. I love these quads in “Bora Bora” and “Madrid” for the summer. The teal color in the Bora Bora quad is my favorite teal! So pigmented and great for a pop of color.
- Ardell Lashes in the Natural Collection, Style “120 Demi“: I love me some Ardell lashes. I use them exclusively. The 120 Demi style really looks natural and gives just enough POW. I like them because you can wear them during the day without everyone asking the wonderful question: “Are you wearing lashes?!”
- NYX Studio Liquid Liner in “Extreme Blue”: Continuing with my ‘pop of color’ theme for summer, this liner obviously fits right in. I love matching this up with a small line (above the lashes) of the teal shadow from the Bora Bora quad for a bold and fun look.
- OFRA Eyeliner in “Turquoise”: One more for the pop of color tour I’m creating in my mind. I like this liner because you can actually see it when you put it on and again it is a fun summer shade.
- Too Faced “Better than Sex” Mascara: I have to admit, I have had this mascara for over a year and I wasn’t a fan until recently. I guess when I first tried it out I was so happy with my current mascara (Sephora Outrageous Volume Mascara) that I didn’t give it the time of day and now it’s in my top five so I had to add it to my faves.
Tell us what you think by commenting below. Which products are on your current favorites list?Share your favorites with us using the hashtag #FCnextdoor on social media!