Fathers Day Gift Guide 2015
This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them help support this website.
You’re looking for that perfect Fathers Day gift huh?
Well friend, you’ve come to the right place – AND – no matter how trendy or old school your dad is, we’ve got the goods for him.
I’ve searched high and low for the coolest, economical, must-have gifts for your awesome dad.
I wanted to stay away from the usual money-clips, ties, and golf shirts and give some older items, like boat shoes, a facelift.
Here is my 2015 Fathers Day Gift Guide:
For the Business Dad:
- Watches: You know I had to throw this gem into the mix. Watches are timeless and yes it is okay to replace his old favorite with a new classic. My two current favorites are the Lucien Piccard Men’s Black Ion-Plated Watch with a Green Canvas Strap and the Timex Men’s Analog Quartz Brown Watch.
- Motorized Tie Rack: Make it easy for him to search. If your dad is a business man, that means he has a ton of ties from all your previous Fathers day gifts (see what I did there?). He will appreciate this simple, updated gift for his collection. I found the Sharper Image Motorized Tie Rack to have the best reviews at a relatively low cost.
For the BBQ-Master Dad:
- A Sign of Support: The Best Dad Apron. Because, why not? Keep him clean while he’s workin’ the grill and make him feel special at the same time. I call that a two-fer! I found this Best Dad Apron from Funny Guy mugs for $15 bucks.
- Automatic BBQ Grill Cleaner: What the?! My mind has been blown. How cool is this little bot? I had no idea these existed and wish they made one for dishes in the sink. I know he will love this gift because no one likes to clean up after a serious BBQ-sesh. Grillbot Grill Cleaner is one of the pricier items on this list but it is worth the free-time (in my opinion), plus it comes in blue, orange, black and red. So cool.
- Grill Set: Sorry Dad, it’s time to toss that old, rusty grill set of yours. I like to think of it as spring cleaning and he gets a shiny new set. Overall, it’s a win-win. The Cuisinart Deluxe Stainless-Steel Set is only $27 and comes with the basic essentials.
The Summer-Lovin’ Dad:
- Boat Shoes: Yup – I said it before, it’s time for a facelift on this classic – AND – just because they are “boat shoes” doesn’t mean your dad needs to own a boat. Just sayin’. I’m currently digging the Sperry Ivory boat shoe and Sperry Brown boat shoe. I think they work for multiple occasions whether it’s a friends BBQ, a casual dinner or just running errands.
- The Weekend Bag: The facelift continues! I have become borderline obsessed with a great weekend bag so I think it’s only fair we share the obsession with dad (plus his current weekend bag is probably an old Nike gym-bag). So, let’s upgrade dad and give him a new look. I love this Blueblue Sky Oversized Leather Canvas Duffel in Dark Grey.
The Man-Cave Dad:
- Shave Kit: Ah yes – goodbye beard, hello summer! But now you’re like – Wait Kara, why would we buy him a shave kit if he’s shaving the beard for the summer? – Because when winter rolls around he will grow his beard, crawl into his man-cave and will need to keep it under control. Or not – but I like that the The Art of Shaving Kit comes in different scents like lemon, sandalwood, and Lavender so he will smell good when he decides to come up for some air.
- Beer Cap Map: Hello! We just upgraded dad to super cool. He’s going to need some wall art for his cave and who better to give it to him than you? Who knows maybe the two of you can fill it together? Let’s call it family bonding time (as long as you are over the legal drinking age) 😉 . The company is literally called Beer Cap Map which is pretty self-explanatory so I’m not sure how many more details I can give you about this piece.
- Wireless headphones: Every man-cave needs it’s headphones so they can’t hear you yelling from upstairs when it’s time to clean up – but wait – what if you bought the automatic BBQ Grill Cleaner? Then you’re set right? Well – maybe – but regardless headphones are always a good buy. The Sharper Image Wireless Headphones work with TV, Home Theater, Computers and more so your dad will never leave the cave. Which may be good or bad – not sure yet but we do know we love him! 😉